The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jared McCann | C/LW

avelanch

The toews and kane comparisons gotta stop they're highly unrealistic but the comparisons of bergeron and krejci aren't too farfetched. Two 60 65 point guys who excel in the defensive aspects of the game instead of comparing every single one of our prospects two of the best players in the game.

The toews and kane comparisons gotta stop they're highly unrealistic but the comparisons of bergeron and krejci aren't too farfetched. Two 60 65 point guys who excel in the defensive aspects of the game instead of comparing every single one of our prospects two of the best players in the game.

Schroeder and Hodgson = Kane and Toews 2.0

Horvat and Shinkaruk = Kane and Toews 3.0

McCann and Virtanen = fill in the blank

I don't know about you guys but when I compare a prospect to a NHL player I'm referring to playing style, not potential.

McCann = Couture

Horvat = O'Rielly

Shinkaruk = Parise

Virtanen = Brent Burns? (Can't really come up with one, maybe Iginla?)

I don't know about you guys but when I compare a prospect to a NHL player I'm referring to playing style, not potential.

McCann = Couture

Horvat = O'Rielly

Shinkaruk = Parise

Virtanen = Brent Burns? (Can't really come up with one, maybe Iginla?)

Personally I see

Mccann = Bolland

Horvat = O'Reilly

Shinkaruk = Parise

Virtanen = Booth (pre concussion)

So comparing them to a 2way 68 point center and a 69 point dynamic scoring winger is bad but comparing them to a 2way 62 point center and a 2way playmaking 69 point center is ok?

I think the comparison is the style of play perhaps?

How dare anyone compare shinkaruk to a small speedy flashy forward with good hands and a Horvat to a natural leading defensive center who scores clutch goals and dominates the dot.

preposterous

Especially when it's just a stylistic comparison, not exactly a skill level thing. There are probably players in every league who you could say "play like Kane" for, but that doesn't mean they're even half as skilled as he is.

McCann looks like a beauty!

Fast, edgy, leader, great shot, could be our future #1C...still very young, next season in junior he will be much more dominant.

This guy was rated by some in the top 10, I even saw 5th and 6th in NA skaters a couple months before the draft.

I did not consider him at all because I thought he would be well gone by 24th.

Really, really like this pick.

How did he do in the prospects scrimmage; is there video of this game somewhere?

Archived