The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Thatcher Demko | #35 | G

Drouin

Those are the finalists from last year, I believe.

1 hour ago, Gooseberries said:

Can we help with this one?

From the very site that was linked:

Voting then commences for the "Hobey Hat Trick," which is a narrowing of the field from ten players to three, from which the winner is selected. The primary voting in this part of the process is by the Hobey Baker Memorial Award Selection Committee, a geographically balanced group of 27 individuals representing print and electronic sports media, college hockey coaches and officials, and NHL scouts. Fans may also vote online for their favorite candidate during this phase of the process.

3 hours ago, Gooseberries said:

Can we help with this one?

No.  Committee voting now.

However... look at the stats vs. NCAA tournament teams only (strongest competition)

Connor
5 games = 6 pts
(2 pts in tourney)

Vesey
12 games = 10 pts.
(0 pts in tourney)

Demko
15 games
9-4-2
415 saves on 448 shots  92.63 sv%
2.20 GAA
2 shutouts
(60-63 95.24 sv%  1.50GAA in tourney, Most Outstanding Player in region)

Edited by goaliefreak68

21 minutes ago, Mackcanuck said:

John Buccigross ‏@Buccigross  4h4 hours ago

Kyle Connor, Thatcher Demko, and Jimmy Vesey, as expected, are your Hobey Baker Final 3.

Ce45Dl5UAAA_MGb.jpg

I'm not laughing at you I'm laughing at the tweet. Unless it's aomething about the shirts that I don't know about, the pic is totallly irrelevant.

I recognize Gaudreau in the picture... so maybe those are past HB winners?

4 minutes ago, Mrbigyellowbus said:

I'm not laughing at you I'm laughing at the tweet. Unless it's aomething about the shirts that I don't know about, the pic is totallly irrelevant.

I recognize Gaudreau in the picture... so maybe those are past HB winners?

Does Gaudreau have a summer job as a jockey?  :o

I'm thinking that if Demko won't sign with us, Benning could just cut to the chase and ask him for a list of teams he'd favour once he hits free agency and start an auction among them.  It might not recuperate his full value but ought to get us back more than the high second we spent to get him. 

Of course it's better if he signs with us but after the Vessey situation, teams have to be thinking about how to avoid the situation Nashville's in. 

53 minutes ago, Maniwaki Canuck said:

I'm thinking that if Demko won't sign with us, Benning could just cut to the chase and ask him for a list of teams he'd favour once he hits free agency and start an auction among them.  It might not recuperate his full value but ought to get us back more than the high second we spent to get him. 

Of course it's better if he signs with us but after the Vessey situation, teams have to be thinking about how to avoid the situation Nashville's in. 

Easy, from now on, DONT draft NCAA players. We wont ever have that situation again. 

*Exception might be Eichel types 

Edited by DontMessMe

6 minutes ago, DontMessMe said:

Easy, from now on, DONT draft NCAA players. We wont ever have that situation again. 

Meh, don't overthink it.  How often has this happened, twice?  (Vessey, Schultz)

I'm not too worried about Demko or Boeser at this point either.  Both look to be significant players right now, so why delay the big pay days?

52 minutes ago, DontMessMe said:

Might as well not draft Russians either, and probably not any Europeans.  Or we could just stop drafting anyone period.  Problem solved.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Zaine said:

Gaudreau carries the horse and he still wins all the races!!

Gaudreau has one of the weakest shots in the league if I recall. He can barely carry his stick :P lol. However in saying that I'd trade anybody we have for him.

Edited by flickyoursedin

On 3/30/2016 at 11:44 AM, Alflives said:

Please phone JB and tell him this!  Better yet fax him, so he has a copy to read from.  Okay, that supposes he can read.  Go and hold his hand, and guide him through the steps.  Okay that's not fair to you.  We are so doooooomed.  :(

Take a break from the disrespecting language, Alf.  It reflects poorly on you and this board.

• Upvote 2