The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikita Tryamkin | D

Drouin

Hopefully Tryamkin can pull a "Hutton" for us and play a sound defensive game eating up 20 minutes a night in a #4/5 role. I love his physicality and how he can control he front of the net and the immediate area he defends.

And then come summer time we'll have options to fill the need for top-6 scoring because we'll likely have a logjam of quality defensemen.

Edler - Stecher

Hutton - Gudbranson

Sbisa? Tanev?

Juolevi? Tryamkin?

Pedan? Subban?

Edited by Blömqvist

10 hours ago, Blömqvist said:

Hopefully Tryamkin can pull a "Hutton" for us and play a sound defensive game eating up 20 minutes a night in a #4/5 role. I love his physicality and how he can control he front of the net and the immediate area he defends.

And then come summer time we'll have options to fill the need for top-6 scoring because we'll likely have a logjam of quality defensemen.

Edler - Stecher

Hutton - Gudbranson

Sbisa? Tanev?

Juolevi? Tryamkin?

Pedan? Subban?

To date Stecher is still deferring to Edler's point shot even tho he did get 6 shots against Detroit. It appears to me that Stecher will always benefit playing with a big partner. The bigger d-man can play the board body and Stecher can led recovery and move the puck. I thought he looked good playing with Tryamkin as well. Stecher's potential offensive upside is greater than Tanev. Since Tryamkin and Sbisa have looked good as well IMHO it makes Tanev tradable. I suggest this because Tanev likely has a decent return and the Canucks need forward prospects.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Boudrias said:

To date Stecher is still deferring to Edler's point shot even tho he did get 6 shots against Detroit. It appears to me that Stecher will always benefit playing with a big partner. The bigger d-man can play the board body and Stecher can led recovery and move the puck. I thought he looked good playing with Tryamkin as well. Stecher's potential offensive upside is greater than Tanev. Since Tryamkin and Sbisa have looked good as well IMHO it makes Tanev tradable. I suggest this because Tanev likely has a decent return and the Canucks need forward prospects.

Welcome to the Dark Side Boudrias .. ;) 

I just wish Stecher had a harder shot! But ya the bright side is he is getting them through and if we have more people crashing the net or setting screens he'll get more points.

I really like Edler and Stecher together. Hutton and Gudbransonare are a given and it looks like they'll be our future two-way shutdown pairing. Sbisa and Tryamkin have been good together and I like their physical play. Juolevi will soon replace Sbisa hopefully so Tryamkin will get an elite puck-moving defenseman to play with, leading to more offensive zone starts. And the sky is the limit with Tryamkin anyways... he's shown consistency in his defensive game and consistency in his physicality as well.. hopefully in time he can develop his offensive game. 

But ya haha all that does make Tanev a tradeable asset, especially so because our future pairings may very well end up as

Juolevi - Tryamkin

Hutton - Gudbranson

Edler - Stecher

(Sbisa)

(Brisebois)

(Pedan)

19 hours ago, Blömqvist said:

I just wish Stecher had a harder shot! But ya the bright side is he is getting them through and if we have more people crashing the net or setting screens he'll get more points.

I really like Edler and Stecher together. Hutton and Gudbransonare are a given and it looks like they'll be our future two-way shutdown pairing. Sbisa and Tryamkin have been good together and I like their physical play. Juolevi will soon replace Sbisa hopefully so Tryamkin will get an elite puck-moving defenseman to play with, leading to more offensive zone starts. And the sky is the limit with Tryamkin anyways... he's shown consistency in his defensive game and consistency in his physicality as well.. hopefully in time he can develop his offensive game. 

But ya haha all that does make Tanev a tradeable asset, especially so because our future pairings may very well end up as

Juolevi - Tryamkin

Hutton - Gudbranson

Edler - Stecher

(Sbisa)

(Brisebois)

(Pedan)

Not sure what Sam means by joining the 'Dark Side'.  :ph34r::ph34r:

A point I missed was structuring the d-core for minimizing the potential loss to Vegas. If kept the need to protect Edler-Tanev-Gudbranson-Sbisa. I am assuming Hutton is OK. In my mind it leaves one of Tanev or Sbisa exposed. Since Tanev has more value I think he gets moved.  

Spoiler

:ph34r:

23 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

A point I missed was structuring the d-core for minimizing the potential loss to Vegas. If kept the need to protect Edler-Tanev-Gudbranson-Sbisa. I am assuming Hutton is OK. In my mind it leaves one of Tanev or Sbisa exposed. Since Tanev has more value I think he gets moved.  

Reveal hidden contents

sbisa gets exposed as "bait" I think JB would not mind getting his salary off the books with the development of Tryamkin and stretcher.

24 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

Reveal hidden contents

The team is keeping Biega to expose, no?

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Alflives said:

The team is keeping Biega to expose, no?

He has to play what 19 games before becoming eligble. I believe the club can only protect 3 eligble d-men. That would leave Biega and Sbisa exposed. IMO Sbisa is far to valuable to let go without compensation which leds me to believe that he is traded or one of Edler or Tanev are traded.

Hide contents

Thought you were against trading Tanev not long ago?

I was hoping we would move him last TDL..  Chris is targeted every game with us,. More injuries to come whilst with us.

I noticed that he likes to roan a lot in his own zone when defending.  That will probably drive the coaches nuts.

That being said, he's very big and mobile, so that helps mitigate things.... and opposition probably doesn't really expect things like that. 

He's unorthodox to say the least. 

• Upvote 1

Tryamkin is starting to look like the Tryamkin from the end of last season. We've now got a response for all the PF's we face. Plus when he gets off the ice Gudbranson gets on. also Sbisa can throw in the odd hit.  

Now if we could just reorganize the forwards to have some grit. 

Edited by Hairy Kneel
  • Upvote 4

51 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

.... I vote we Nik-Name Nikita..  "LeBron" ::D

LOL, omg I don't mean lebron is Nikita and vice versa. I just posted that for the people who say he came into camp 20-30 pounds over weight suggesting he shud be playing at 220-230lbs. His weight isn't out of control and its appropriate to weigh what he does at his height. Lebron lost 10-15lbs to stay faster because of his age. So in his younger years playing around Nikita's age he was playing bball at 260lbs~ . Just wanted to calm the "overweight" speculation around Nikita. That is all.

PS. They way he keeps his head up looking to make a play reminds me of Bieska.

Edited by Jonald
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Jonald said:

LOL, omg I don't mean lebron is Nikita and vice versa. I just posted that for the people who say he came into camp 20-30 pounds over weight suggesting he shud be playing at 220-230lbs. His weight isn't out of control and its appropriate to weigh what he does at his height. Lebron lost 10-15lbs to stay faster because of his age. So in his younger years playing around Nikita's age he was playing bball at 260lbs~ . Just wanted to calm the "overweight" speculation around Nikita. That is all.

PS. They way he keeps his head up looking to make a play reminds me of Bieska.

Plus the way he pancakes guys on the glass we need a new nickname for that,  when he staples someone to the end boards. Maybe Benn might know what to call that lol. 

9 hours ago, Hairy Kneel said:

Plus the way he pancakes guys on the glass we need a new nickname for that,  when he staples someone to the end boards. Maybe Benn might know what to call that lol. 

Tryamkin 5 hits and Sbisa with 3 hits. The value of this pairing is not appreciated enough. Add Gudbranson's steady physical play as well. There is not a so subtle evolution going on here that is huge. If this continues I can see coaching giving more leeway for the forwards to hang higher on the d-zone which should accelerate breakouts. There is no hurry but I can see this coming.

I am on record as saying this is a non layoff team but the evolving strength of the defense could prove me wrong.

• Upvote 1