The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikita Tryamkin | D

Drouin

On November 15, 2016 at 1:34 AM, Green Building said:

“Nik apologizes when he takes a penalty,” Vancouver Canuck assistant coach Doug Lidster said Monday about Nikita Tryamkin. “So his whole life, he has probably been told not to take a penalty. We want him to be a little more physical and we want him to use his body.”

“I don’t know Chara and whether that came to him naturally or not,” Lidster said. “But Nik is a really nice guy. He’s not mean. But I think you can see he is really starting to bring that part to his game. It’s learning what gifts he has and what he has to do to be on the ice. Off the ice, I don’t want to change his personality. But I think he can use his body and be more physical to make himself more effective. When he’s like that, holy smokes.”

http://theprovince.com/sports/hockey/nhl/vancouver-canucks/macintyre-apples-and-oranges-canuck-rookies-proving-fruitful

Ill touch on this first..  You could see the kid is a sweetheart, he looked so worried and almost sick when Richardson got hurt.  And I love it!  Shows he has a lot of character to him.  And some of the nastiest sons I know are big teddy bears till they lace up the gloves and skates.. Then look out ;)

correct me me if in wrong that's the second injury caused this year by somebody having minor contact with Trammer.  Kids a beast, loved him and how his situation is handled. hopefully those not liking the tough love jakes been receiving will see it's a tried and true method of sending messages, making players aware of what is required of them. Developing players takes a lot more than just... Here kid, here's  some ice time so you can get some experience.

• Upvote 4

55 minutes ago, TheOgRook said:

Ill touch on this first..  You could see the kid is a sweetheart, he looked so worried and almost sick when Richardson got hurt.  And I love it!  Shows he has a lot of character to him.  And some of the nastiest sons I know are big teddy bears till they lace up the gloves and skates.. Then look out ;)

correct me me if in wrong that's the second injury caused this year by somebody having minor contact with Trammer.  Kids a beast, loved him and how his situation is handled. hopefully those not liking the tough love jakes been receiving will see it's a tried and true method of sending messages, making players aware of what is required of them. Developing players takes a lot more than just... Here kid, here's  some ice time so you can get some experience.

I can't wait til he plays against the Flames. Somebody tell him to not feel bad when he knocks Ferkland out of the game.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Hugor Hill said:

I can't wait til he plays against the Flames. Somebody tell him to not feel bad when he knocks Ferkland out of the game.

So he's up to two knock outs so far.  I think the Jamie Benn hit could be considered a knock out too, because Benn did NOTHING after he got crushed.  We need a tally counter for Tryamkin's crushes.  

Just now, Alflives said:

So he's up to two knock outs so far.  I think the Jamie Benn hit could be considered a knock out too, because Benn did NOTHING after he got crushed.  We need a tally counter for Tryamkin's crushes.  

I don't know about the Richardson hit. It wasn't really a hit. He ducked and Tryamkin fell on him, making things worse.

But the Andreas A-whatever hit sure counts as 1.

1 hour ago, Hugor Hill said:

The Liberty Game .. DECEMBER 3rd - Kadri - Reilly- Martin•

Edited by SilentSam
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Hugor Hill said:

I don't care about Ferland, he is irrelevant unless he's charging at defenders.

I want to see Tryamkin play against the Leafs. Somebody tell him to make contact with shoulder first when hitting Kadri and Martin from a blind side.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, khay said:

I don't care about Ferland, he is irrelevant unless he's charging at defenders.

I want to see Tryamkin play against the Leafs. Somebody tell him to make contact with shoulder first when hitting Kadri and Martin from a blind side.

He is always charging at defenders. Just ask OEL.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, kloubek said:

This is exactly true.  He has made some defensive mistakes, but no more than anybody else on the team.  I think he's actually relatively solid, and when he does make mistakes, his size and reach can sometimes keep it from becoming a goal against.  Combine that with his wicked shot and the fact he literally hurts people when he hits them, and I'm quite content to have him in the lineup.

Keep in mind people: He's still... what.... 22 years old?  Many defensemen are still working with their minor teams at this age.  He has only shown us a part of what he is capable of, and I expect him to continue improving.

I think this is a really big part of Tryamkin's game. He's really fortunate that he's been blessed with his big size as it really helps cover up his mistakes when he makes them. As he continues to develop his game and make less mistakes, it will turn him into an even better defensive d-man.

3 minutes ago, ajhockey said:

I'm also really liking the gentle giant, yet strong defender of his crease and zone feel that Tryamkin gives. I'm getting more and more excited for this kid as time goes on.

You got that right AJ.  I actually enjoy watching him skate without the puck.  The guy is actually light on his skates.  He's a very good skater.  Plus, he works hard off the puck for position.  Hopefully he gets more offensive chances too, because he has what looks to be a very heavy shot.

• Upvote 1

Watch his skating. Far less effort needed now and he covers the ice quickly. I fully expect his o-zone rushes will amp up as his comfort level increases. As much as fans are excited about Stecher, they should be, IMO Tryamkin has a bigger upside on the Vancouver d-core. He could allow the movement of Edler or Tanev by the TDL. I do not see Hutton going or Sbisa for that matter. CAP hit has something to do with that assessment. Sbisa at $3.5 mil for a #5 is not that bad a deal. He becomes more important if either Tanev or Edler are moved.

• Upvote 3

I'm so excited for him, he is so large, and he's a solid skater, he's only 22 he's only gonna get more coordinated. He gained another 3 lbs and reduced his body fat %age by 5 so he's 6'7 268 with less body fat. He hasn't even developed a mean streak either. If he continues this trajectory I can't wait to see him with a guy like Juolevi

• Upvote 2