The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikita Tryamkin | D

Drouin

2 hours ago, SilentSam said:

Heard today that Tryamkin has 25 hits in 7 games !

That puts him on pace for 292.74 hits in a full season!!

Does this qualify him for his own "hit counter" on the home score clock? ;) 

Not only does he hit, he hits to hurt.

He's taken a couple players out of games so far.

• Upvote 2

Admittedly, Tryamkin has impressed me. I expected him to be slow and brutal with his positioning. He definitely has some bad defensive moments, but he really knows how to use his size to his advantage both in hitting and in defensive coverage. 

Regarding his hit pace of 293, it's worth noting that that assumes that he plays all 82 games and he's already missed a bunch. That aside 293 hits would've been 4th in the League last year. I'm liking what this guy brings to this team.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Alflives said:

Tryamkin sure skates WAY BETTER than Chara.  I think Tryamkin might be thicker built too?

He is intimidating Alf,. Love his half step "pump" fake when chasing guys into the corner for the puck.

He also slows down on the race-chase to be sure he has control over the contact.. something others, like Tanev, could learn from to save from injuries.

1 hour ago, theilluminati said:

This is by no means a reflection on Nikita, but in the 7 games he's played this season the Canucks have given up 28 goals (4 per game/avg). In the 10 games before he got into the lineup they gave up 27 goals (2.7 per game/avg). B)

Or just shows how much the Canucks miss Tanev.

• Upvote 4

Just now, SilentSam said:

Puck Luck...  I think the way to change it is to have a full practice using tennis balls instead of pucks..

Yes and like those games of shinny AV used to do once in awhile to try and bring back the fun part of the game.

Anybody that hates going to work is starting out behind the 8 ball. It's a game.

I think that's why Hutton was better last year because he was having fun.

• Upvote 1

52 minutes ago, Hugor Hill said:

He is 0 in the +/- for the season.

For a team that's badly on the wrong side of the +/-, he is doing very well.

This is exactly true.  He has made some defensive mistakes, but no more than anybody else on the team.  I think he's actually relatively solid, and when he does make mistakes, his size and reach can sometimes keep it from becoming a goal against.  Combine that with his wicked shot and the fact he literally hurts people when he hits them, and I'm quite content to have him in the lineup.

Keep in mind people: He's still... what.... 22 years old?  Many defensemen are still working with their minor teams at this age.  He has only shown us a part of what he is capable of, and I expect him to continue improving.

• Upvote 2