The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikita Tryamkin | D

Drouin

17 minutes ago, VegasCanuck said:

#2. JB is better at managing cap than anyone else on this board, including me, and definitely better than the media who question what he's doing to generate the clicks that they get paid to generate.

Unfortunately, it's a formula that works... They know that they're able to sucker in all the dunning-kruger types who are too narrow-minded for their own good. <_<

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1
  • Vintage 1

Just now, Herberts Vasiljevs said:

Unfortunately, it's a formula that works... They know that they're able to sucker in all the dunning-kruger types who are too narrow-minded for their own good. <_<

It definitely does. The more clicks, the more they make.

31 minutes ago, VegasCanuck said:

Your math is flawed.

Considering there is a good chance that Beagle will also miss next season as well as Ferland, they currently have about 23.375 million, BEFORE they lose someone (likely to be Holtby + 4.3 million in additional space) and that's before they make any other changes.

I get to that number by the fact that Ferland is likely done for his career. Beagle, its being reported that he will not likely be able to play next season.  Eriksson will be leaving this summer, even if it means getting bought out, that will free up another .875 as the number you are look at in your above screenshot, already account for him being on Taxi squad for next season.

Pettersson and Hughes combined for next season will be somewhere between 14 - 15 million. Hughes isn't eligible to receive offer sheet and Pettersson has already said that he wouldn't sign one and no one really issues them anymore.

Podkolzin is 925k.

Lind will be a two way contract, probably around 750k. Why does he take less than he's making now? Because on a 2 way contract, he will likely negotiate a much better AHL rate than he's getting now, probably around the 200 - 225k and at 750k, he will know that he's more likely to fit into the cap on the main team when there's opportunity for him to get games on injury relief.

Joulevi will likely negotiate for around 750 - 800k, pushing for it to be a one way contract and will likely get that. They want him on the main team now.

Sign Tryamkin, 2.5 million, you still have 5.85 million left, and that's before the expansion draft and other trades.

Again, we have lots of room.

Everyone second guesses JB, but I'm pretty sure that you don't keep a spreadsheet, tracking expected salary expenditures for the next 5 years and what we can afford to pay. The key message in this is:

#1. I can do math pretty well

#2. JB is better at managing cap than anyone else on this board, including me, and definitely better than the media who question what he's doing to generate the clicks that they get paid to generate!

Good chance means nothing and Beagle is a guy who is not going to just retire because the team asks him to so the only cap hit that we know will be on LTIR is Ferland anyone else pure conjecture just like the morons who think LE is going to walk away from $3 million in his last year and Beagle will be like Malholtra where he didn’t want to retire from his injury
You should go to Yuk Yuk’s after covid and try your rant as stand up because I almost spit out my coffee when I read your little rant there lol  

1)Lind is not taking a 2 way contract as he will get picked over Virtanen and Holtby in the expansion draft and I don’t think you realize what type of players get 2 way contracts like taxi squad players, 3rd goalies and not a promising prospect on their 2nd contracts lol

2)JB can not manage the cap as that is why they couldn’t resign Toffoli or Tanev because of his cap mismanagement

3) what team is going to take on Holtby’s $6 million cash and $4.3 cap hit in a flat cap world?

Are you related to JB or something they way you keep slurping him lol

You don’t live in YVR and hear and see how fans are paying for a plane to fly around the city with sign saying #firebenning 

• RoughGame 1

12 minutes ago, Herberts Vasiljevs said:

I’m sorry but I question anybody’s hockey knowledge if the say “2. JB is better at managing cap than anyone else on this board, including me, and definitely better than the media who question what he's doing to generate the clicks that they get paid to generate” 

If he is so good at handling the cap why was he not able to resign Toffoli and or Tanev?
If the Canucks resigned Toffoli I don’t think their February would have been as bad as he has 21 goals and like 7 against the Canucks so their are holes bigger then the Leafs goalie’s 5 hole in that theory lol 

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, VegasCanuck said:

In closing, GO TROLL ANOTHER TEAM 

Dude I have been a Canucks fan since the 80’s and have lived through the real bad years and I am talking the Bob McCammond years where Gretzky Oilers and Kings would feast on the Canucks or when Troy Gamble beat out McLean so I am as much a Canucks fan as anyone else but you are just butt hurt because I am calling you out on your slurpage of JB who is a bad GM for signing garbage bottom 6 UFA’s to $3 million a year and ok at trades but is best staying in the scouting department.
JB is the reason why Judd Brackett was squeezed out and I personally would rather have Judd Bracket running the scouting department then JB as GM. Next year half the team could be Judd Brackett draft picks and the Canucks have never had this many draft picks playing in the NHL this quickly as impact players. 
Don’t quit your day job buddy because your come backs are just sad and pathetic and I can do this all day Captain America Avengers GIF

1 hour ago, *Buzzsaw* said:

Article on Tryamkin's potential return.

https://dailyhive.com/vancouver/mature-slimmed-down-tryamkin-wants-return-canucks?auto=true

If its already been posted my apologies.

Very positive read,  thanks for posting this link.

I think this comment says a lot :

His agent is saying all the right things, adding that Tryamkin would arrive to Vancouver well ahead of training camp to work with Canucks staff so that he can “hit the ground running.”

I wonder if Management would hire “Rippers” dad to show him a few things on the heavy bag too ? ;) 

19 minutes ago, IjustNEEDaTROYgamble said:

Dude I have been a Canucks fan since the 80’s and have lived through the real bad years and I am talking the Bob McCammond years where Gretzky Oilers and Kings would feast on the Canucks or when Troy Gamble beat out McLean so I am as much a Canucks fan as anyone else but you are just butt hurt because I am calling you out on your slurpage of JB who is a bad GM for signing garbage bottom 6 UFA’s to $3 million a year and ok at trades but is best staying in the scouting department.
JB is the reason why Judd Brackett was squeezed out and I personally would rather have Judd Bracket running the scouting department then JB as GM. Next year half the team could be Judd Brackett draft picks and the Canucks have never had this many draft picks playing in the NHL this quickly as impact players. 
Don’t quit your day job buddy because your come backs are just sad and pathetic and I can do this all day Captain America Avengers GIF

D8EFF778-61F7-4C18-9A61-E2BAA4A9F48E.gif

• Cheers 3
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

Very positive read,  thanks for posting this link.

I think this comment says a lot :

His agent is saying all the right things, adding that Tryamkin would arrive to Vancouver well ahead of training camp to work with Canucks staff so that he can “hit the ground running.”

I wonder if Management would hire “Rippers” dad to show him a few things on the heavy bag too ? ;) 

Not that he needs any coaching on aggression, which is the key thing... but if he also knew how to fight NHL style, then he'd be devastating... the league would be tiptoeing around him.  ;)

• Cheers 1

3 hours ago, IjustNEEDaTROYgamble said:

has nothing to do with clickbait reporters or the king of slurpage Sportsnet 650 and more to do with basic math that they have $21 million not including Demko's $5 million, so in reality they have $15.9 million to 22 players signed.  

They still have to

1) sign Petey and Hughes

(yes there is $3 million from Ferland on LTIR) but they still need a

2) 3rd line centre

3) at least 2 defenceman

4) that's not including Lind, Juolevi and Podkolzn contracts. 
It seems like you are just bad at math lol

CBFA6828-B008-4A30-B1DA-D18A32F8368B.jpeg

Demko is included in this 

Vancouver will have 21 million to play with next summer, and that's assuming that Beagle is healthy and ready to play.  That's also assuming that nobody significant money-wise gets claimed by Seattle.  

Benning won't have money to make any big splashes in the free agency, but he will have plenty of money to keep our young team going forward.  

However don't let me stop you from continuing your tirade against Jim. 

3 hours ago, VancouverHabitant said:

However don't let me stop you from continuing your tirade against Jim. 

Not a tirade just trying to get my point across with facts to that guy from Vegas who thinks JB knows how to manage the cap and started to say it wasn't JB's  fault for not resigning Toffoli where JB is at fault for multiple reasons unless something surfaces that the Aquilini's were responsible for not resigning Tanev and or Toffoli. 

I agree that resigning their young guys like Juolevi, Lind, Podkolzn and Chatfield most likely will be easy to fit under the cap but that doesn't improve the team. That's bad news for upgrading the defense as they needed to get another Schmidt type deal before the expansion draft to get better and I really hope the Canucks don't sign Tryamkin as I would much rather see Rathbone. 

Just my 2 cents 

Edited by IjustNEEDaTROYgamble
spelling error

1 hour ago, IjustNEEDaTROYgamble said:

Not a tirade just trying to get my point across with facts to that guy from Vegas who thinks JB knows how to manage the cap and started to say it wasn't JB's  fault for not resigning Toffoli where JB is at fault for multiple reasons unless something surfaces that the Aquilini's were responsible for not resigning Tanev and or Toffoli. 

I agree that resigning their young guys like Juolevi, Lind, Podkolzn and Chatfield most likely will be easy to fit under the cap but that doesn't improve the team. That's bad news for upgrading the defense as they needed to get another Schmidt type deal before the expansion draft to get better and I really hope the Canucks don't sign Tryamkin as I would much rather see Rathbone. 

Just my 2 cents 

Vegas was right.

Did you ever watch Malcom in the Middle where the little kid thinks he is having a good logical conversation and in reality he is rolling on the ground screaming and yelling. Kinda reminds me of you and some other posters.  Waaa Toffoli Waaa This

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, *Buzzsaw* said:

Not that he needs any coaching on aggression, which is the key thing... but if he also knew how to fight NHL style, then he'd be devastating... the league would be tiptoeing around him.  ;)

Fight NHL-style? 

Two sissies trying to scratch each other on ice. 

A hard hit on the ice is much scarier. 

Just now, 6of1_halfdozenofother said:

No need to, they already have one in the rulebook (in super-fine print) - it's called "Being a member of the Canucks".  :bigblush:

otherwise known as "where's Myers?" 

I do think he'll take a lot of penalties for being big, that gift of avoiding that only seems to belong to Chara. 

• Cheers 1

https://t.co/Xk0gNc1PHP?amp=1

adding this to my last post...

edit:   
I mean this regarding Zadorov:

Latest On Nikita Zadorov, Chicago Blackhawks

April 20th, 2021 at 8:30pm CST • By Zach Leach

The Chicago Blackhawks were reportedly listening to offers for defenseman Nikita Zadorov at the NHL Trade Deadline, but ultimately decided not to move him. However, that doesn’t mean that the two sides will stay together for much longer. As Ben Pope writesfor the Chicago Sun-Times, the Blackhawks have dropped some hints that they are not content with the big blue liner and time is running out for him to prove himself.

Zadorov, 25, is in his first season in Chicago after coming over from the Colorado Avalanche in the Brandon Saad trade this past off-season. The Blackhawks hoped that Zadorov would step into a lineup that was missing many difference-makers on the back end and would transform into a bona fide top pair defenseman. While Zadorov has still been impressive as a physical force and solid defender, there has not been much else to praise about Zadorov’s game this season. He has been firmly entrenched as a second-pair defender in terms of time on ice, is fifth in defensive scoring and even lower in per-game production, and is on pace for a career-high in giveaways, even in a shortened season. Zadorov has merely continued to play the same role in Chicago as he did in Colorado, that of a complementary stay-at-home defenseman. While that is not without value, it isn’t what was expected of the 2013 first-round pick and may not be worth the cost to the Blackhawks. The team has not-so-subtly expressed their frustration recently, acquiring a younger and similar style of defender in Riley Stillman and then making Zadorov a healthy scratch on deadline day after discussing him with other teams beforehand.

This off-season, Zadorov presents a number of challenges to Chicago. The impending restricted free agent will need a new contract, which at a minimum will require a $3.2MM qualifying offer. However, despite his underwhelming effort this season, Zadorov can probably argue for making more than that and has the option to file for arbitration to support that claim. The problem for the Blackhawks is that they have very few contracts coming off the books this off-season and are projected to have limited cap flexibility to make other moves. Retaining Zadorov at a higher number even further reduces that cap space without making a material change to their roster, which is only a fringe playoff team this season. A potential arbitration case makes using their cap space even more problematic. If the relatively young blue liner demands a long-term deal as well, that becomes an issue with a number of young players already pushing for play time. Beyond the actual contract, the only way that Chicago can ensure that they even retain Zadorov’s RFA rights beyond July 21 is to protect him in the upcoming NHL Expansion Draft. With Duncan Keith and Connor Murphy as virtual locks to be protecting, adding Zadorov to that group would mean exposing valuable veteran Calvin de Haan and the recently-acquired Stillman. Yet, if they don’t protect Zadorov he could very easily be selected and lost for nothing.

In order to avoid a difficult expansion decision and possible contract battle and arbitration case, the Blackhawks may decide to re-ignite trade talks for Zadorov once their season has come to an end. Until then, Pope notes that Zadorov will be given every chance to prove that he is worthy of a longer look in Chicago. With de Haan and Adam Boqvist currently injured and the Blackhawks fighting for a playoff spot, Zadorov has the chance to step up and finally show that he can be a complete top-four defenseman. If he succeeds, perhaps all of the off-season issues fall by the wayside in favor of keeping a rare physical specimen and good young defender at all costs. However, if he falters then the partnership between the Blackhawks and Zadorov could be coming to an end sooner rather than later.

Edited by SilentSam
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Timråfan said:

Fight NHL-style? 

Two sissies trying to scratch each other on ice. 

A hard hit on the ice is much scarier. 

I’m considering this a “poster bomb”..

What the hell are you doing in this thread Timra !?   ...  shouldn’t you be in the Utica Comets Thread defending Louie Eriksson?

;) 

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, SilentSam said:

I’m considering this a “poster bomb”..

What the hell are you doing in this thread Timra !?   ...  shouldn’t you be in the Utica Comets Thread defending Louie Eriksson?

;) 

Nah, it’s here someone thought a fight on skates is tough. 
just ridiculus..