The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikita Tryamkin | D

Drouin

3 hours ago, Boudrias said:

Can't you just imagine those two on the same pairing! Gudbranson is an interesting personality. He has traveled the world and has a real ability of talking to people. In my mind if he had not been injured last year he might have had a big role in Tryamkin's transition to the NHL game. Two big guys who could empathize with fan expectations. 

I'd prefer to spread them out personally. In a year or 2, something like:

Tryamkin, Tanev

Juolevi, Gudbranson

Pouliot, Stecher

When our Dahlin/Boqvist/Bouchard/Dobson etc from this year's draft is ready, move out one of Tanev/Gudbranson (I'd lean to moving Tanev personally). Hutton gets packaged as OJ/Tryamkin come in.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Boudrias said:

Can't you just imagine those two on the same pairing! Gudbranson is an interesting personality. He has traveled the world and has a real ability of talking to people. In my mind if he had not been injured last year he might have had a big role in Tryamkin's transition to the NHL game. Two big guys who could empathize with fan expectations. 

Hey Boud’s,

Although a lot of others don’t see the huge upside to these bigger men, and what they do for team chemistry, it’s nice to find the like minds that look above the analytics.

Last nights game (V’s Kings) was a sparkle of what we are building towards. a fast paced, gritty game.

Although others might think that these 2 bigger men might be slow,.  The contrary to this is they need the team to be skating with good flow to keep them activated.

Guds and Nik are not slow.

They game needs a good pace otherwise they SEEM flat footed.

Both of those boys in last nights game would have been punishing the opposition and up on the rush when the flow is rolling.

That type of game is where our team is directed, and Nik and Erik will fit seemlessly within it, only adding the need of physicality to wear down opposing power forward.

Edited by SilentSam

1 hour ago, SilentSam said:

Hey Boud’s,

Although a lot of others don’t see the huge upside to these bigger men, and what they do for team chemistry, it’s nice to find the like minds that look above the analytics.

Last nights game (V’s Kings) was a sparkle of what we are building towards. a fast paced, gritty game.

Although others might think that these 2 bigger men might be slow,.  The contrary to this is they need the team to be skating with good flow to keep them activated.

Guds and Nik are not slow.

They game needs a good pace otherwise they SEEM flat footed.

Both of those boys in last nights game would have been punishing the opposition and up on the rush when the flow is rolling.

That type of game is where our team is directed, and Nik and Erik will fit seemlessly within it, only adding the need of physicality to wear down opposing power forward.

I truly think that regular season play lulls fans into a false idea of how good their team is/can be. In the LA game Boeser was hit from behind it a blatant cross check. Not a single Canuck stepped up. Cannot remember the LA player but he did not have to answer for that hit. Now some might say the PP resulted and yes Boeser scored. In playoffs that type of thing is a form of attrition that many teams use. Vancouver has a rep thru the NHL as a easy touch as far as the physical game goes. It also speaks to the culture of the org.   

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Boudrias said:

I truly think that regular season play lulls fans into a false idea of how good their team is/can be. In the LA game Boeser was hit from behind it a blatant cross check. Not a single Canuck stepped up. Cannot remember the LA player but he did not have to answer for that hit. Now some might say the PP resulted and yes Boeser scored. In playoffs that type of thing is a form of attrition that many teams use. Vancouver has a rep thru the NHL as a easy touch as far as the physical game goes. It also speaks to the culture of the org.   

Who did you want jumping Lewis and taking a penalty right before a 5 on 3 powerplay? One of the Sedins? Horvat? Edler?

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

53 minutes ago, ThaManbeast said:

Who did you want jumping Lewis and taking a penalty right before a 5 on 3 powerplay? One of the Sedins? Horvat? Edler?

If it was the Bruins that LA player would have been surrounding by all those on the ice. At that point it was not about the score because Van had already won the game. You had your rookie All-star cross checked into the boards! If nothing else the payback could have been on the next shift that LA player played. No response simply set up a 'rinse and repeat' sometime in the future.

The standard way this goes down is the LA player is blamed and he has to answer for that hit. What never gets discussed much is the reality that teams draw up game plans on how they will try to play an opponent. Guess what the game plan is for Vancouver? If it is a critical game or a playoff game the standard approach is a physical game. 

• Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

This is who, and this is how you do it without taking a penalty..

https://youtu.be/jACfArbgyVw

My point was that the powerplay guys were on the ice. Why would any of them jump Lewis when they're about to stay on the ice for a 5 on 3? Yes a physical response would send a good message, but I think the fact Boeser scored seconds later was an even better one. One that we might not of had an opportunity to get if someone took an instigator jumping Lewis.

Edited by ThaManbeast
  • Cheers 2
  • Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, ThaManbeast said:

My point was that the powerplay guys were on the ice. Why would any of them jump Lewis when they're about to stay on the ice for a 5 on 3? Yes a physical response would send a good message, but I think the fact Boeser scored seconds later was an even better one. One that we might not of had an opportunity to get if someone took an instigator jumping Lewis.

Some people don’t see this. I’d be frustrated if guys took bad penalties by instigating and taking away powerplays. Would rather see Boeser score on a 5 vs 3 then somebody jump Lewis for a 10 second scuffle.

1 hour ago, ThaManbeast said:

1 hour ago, flickyoursedin said:

Some people don’t see this. I’d be frustrated if guys took bad penalties by instigating and taking away powerplays. Would rather see Boeser score on a 5 vs 3 then somebody jump Lewis for a 10 second scuffle.

The point being of a response,.  If it is wiser to NOT respond in the moment,  still a response is required sometime when opportunity presents itself.

Gudbranson famously responded to Hendrick’s Head hunt of Ekblad.

Although it was a week later, it was required.

I still think the hit on Boeser should be noted and dealt with,.

an awarded power play for a single goal, does not say “don’t phk with my team”.

If we do not respond, we may still be going the way of accepting abuse, which is what the Sedins have endured.

Now is the time to change that ethic and principle.. that is the culture Change I hope to see as we move forward in this development.

If the Boeser hit isn’t answered, he risks injury again ina similar situation.

You won’t see that happening to McDavid would you?

You want that to happen again for the sake of a power play?

Edited by SilentSam
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, flickyoursedin said:

I would be more worried about one of our power play guys breaking a knuckle or something. I think there should be a physical response, but it would be better left until there were some less skilled (or more skilled, but in a different way) hands on the ice to deliver the message.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

The point being of a response,.  If it is wiser to NOT respond in the moment,  still a response is required sometime when opportunity presents itself.

Gudbranson famously responded to Hendrick’s Head hunt of Ekblad.

Although it was a week later, it was required.

I still think the hit on Boeser should be noted and dealt with,.

an awarded power play for a single goal, does not say “don’t phk with my team”.

If we do not respond, we may still be going the way of accepting abuse, which is what the Sedins have endured.

Now is the time to change that ethic and principle.. that is the culture Change I hope to see as we move forward in this development.

If the Boeser hit isn’t answered, he risks injury again ina similar situation.

You won’t see that happening to McDavid would you?

You want that to happen again for the sake of a power play?

We’re a team desperate for goals and wins. Our defence isn’t great and gives up a lot of odd man rushes and our goaltending is spotty. Sure 5-2 is a pretty nice lead but LA is a more than capable enough team to score 4 goals in 32 minutes of hockey that’s left to be played. Wins and goals don’t come easy for our team and I’m sure scoring as many as possible and getting that win meant a lot to the moral of our guys. Maybe if the Coilers didn’t take so many retaliatory penalties they might be better in the standings.

3 minutes ago, WeneedLumme said:

I would be more worried about one of our power play guys breaking a knuckle or something. I think there should be a physical response, but it would be better left until there were some less skilled (or more skilled, but in a different way) hands on the ice to deliver the message.

This for sure later in the 3rd take a run at Lewis when you know the game is locked up and you have somebody out there that has some grit to their game.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, flickyoursedin said:

We’re a team desperate for goals and wins. Our defence isn’t great and gives up a lot of odd man rushes and our goaltending is spotty. Sure 5-2 is a pretty nice lead but LA is a more than capable enough team to score 4 goals in 32 minutes of hockey that’s left to be played. Wins and goals don’t come easy for our team and I’m sure scoring as many as possible and getting that win meant a lot to the moral of our guys. Maybe if the Coilers didn’t take so many retaliatory penalties they might be better in the standings.

We’re not desperate,. We’re rebuilding.  Goals and wins are what we are Re-learning.. a new TEAM searching for its identity and character.  

Every now and then we get to see the sparkle of what our team WILL look like on a nightly basis,. Like we just did against LAK.  

... But if this team does not create the culture of having each other’s back when push comes to shove, it will become intimidated, timid, and injury ridden, not by fluke of puck or stick... and for stretches longer than we have seen already.

Do you think the Bruins won the Cup in 2011 because of the penalties they didn’t take all season,  or the penalties they did take all season?

This is what builds a team,  and allows its talent to shine, unintimidated..  —>

Edited by SilentSam
  • Upvote 1

i miss tryamkin if im benning i offer tryamkin 5 yr deal 5 mill to come back to  van give him big minutes offer guddy same deal 5 for 5

sign gaudette petersson lind  

trade vanek resign him next yr 

trade sutter and tanev, edler, sedins at deadline for max  value move on from these vets they arent gonna win a cup in van anytime soon

next yr

kane petersson  boeser

baertchi bo goldobin

virtanen gaudette eriksson

labate   gaunce  free agent

tryamkin gudbranson 

juolevi stecher

hutton free agent or super rookie

biega 

Marky

demko

tryamkin and guddy as shutdown domination pair  no one would be ten feet from crease without getting destroyed 

trade rest of vets for more draft picks draft good dman or 2 and a 4th line center who is best in  faceoffs and a tough as nail 4 th liner who hits 

1. Tryamkin didn't make Russian Olympic team but will train with the team as a reserve player. #CanucksNHL_2017_2018_Canucks.png

0 replies2 retweets4 likes

Retweet

The Russians named Olympic hockey team and #CanucksNHL_2017_2018_Canucks.png draft pick Nikita Tryamkin was not 1 of the 8 defenseman selected.

Add another ex Canuck you can watch at the Olympics though.

Sergei Shirokov made the Russian team.

41pts in 48gp in the KHL this year. I remember when he cam over, put up respectable #'s in the A, just wasn't willing to stick around and put in the effort needed to crack the big club I guess...

• Like 1