The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikita Tryamkin | D

Drouin

6 hours ago, SilentSam said:

We’re not desperate,. We’re rebuilding.  Goals and wins are what we are Re-learning.. a new TEAM searching for its identity and character.  

Every now and then we get to see the sparkle of what our team WILL look like on a nightly basis,. Like we just did against LAK.  

... But if this team does not create the culture of having each other’s back when push comes to shove, it will become intimidated, timid, and injury ridden, not by fluke of puck or stick... and for stretches longer than we have seen already.

Do you think the Bruins won the Cup in 2011 because of the penalties they didn’t take all season,  or the penalties they did take all season?

This is what builds a team,  and allows its talent to shine, unintimidated..  —>

Sam, You said it all! Arguing about picking your spots, looking the other way because of a PP, no one on the ice that can answer the call, winning the game is the best response; what a bunch of naive BS. Do some fans actually think that opposing teams do not throw out a physical challenge to see whether they can role over their opponents? They could not have ever played the game IMHO. I think you very accurately pointed out earlier that not answering that hit simply encourages further play along the same lines to Boeser who is becoming a known scoring threat in the NHL. Other NHL teams don't scout or watch these games? Serious level of disbelief when I read some of these comments. 

• Upvote 2

Revenge is best eaten cold.

And the message to be sent once your star has been attacked is not to go after Lewis, but to run one of their stars.

In the regular season, there is often plenty of time to send the message.

In the playoffs, there is far less time to establish parity yet the outcome of the game is very much more important.

I would still be in favour of cashing in by receiving the power play at that moment.

But before the period is over, somebody better get a hurt real bad.

Agree that we need more push-back (and wish we could get Nikita back).

Come on JB, nobody wants a wussy team.

Yeah, we can fill out the roster with bigger bodies once we draft/develop our stars.

We also need some guys for now who keep the other teams "honest".

Edited by Goal:thecup
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Boudrias said:

But, but, but?? I thought he was the #2 D in all of the KHL? No EP or Tryamkin. I guess I can focus on the Canuck black aces in Korea. 

Tryamkin is an ok defenseman.  Decent, but nothing special. His advantage is his size and hitting, and Olympic hockey doesn't lend itself well to running guys and hurting them.

22 minutes ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

I guess if Tryamkin really wanted to make the Olympic team, he would’ve needed to request a trade to CSKA, SKA, or Metallurg. ;) 

Man that's interesting...

Those teams must have ties with the Russian government's best 'trainers' and 'medical staff' :bigblush:

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Yotes said:
  1. Tryamkin didn't make Russian Olympic team but will train with the team as a reserve player. #CanucksNHL_2017_2018_Canucks.png

0 replies2 retweets4 likes

Retweet

The Russians named Olympic hockey team and #CanucksNHL_2017_2018_Canucks.png draft pick Nikita Tryamkin was not 1 of the 8 defenseman selected.

Now he’s mad at Russia! Cue his return to Vancouver for the 18/19 season!

• Like 4

Old Canucks prospect Ilya Kablikov is on there from the classic Nonis era where he traded most of ourceraft picks for rentals and used most of the remainders on Russians who never cared for the nhl 

but sergei shirokov is on there and he gave itvthe old college try 

Edited by Canucks Curse

41 minutes ago, kloubek said:

Tryamkin is an ok defenseman.  Decent, but nothing special. His advantage is his size and hitting, and Olympic hockey doesn't lend itself well to running guys and hurting them.

I don’t think you’ve seen a lot of Tryamkin. The clip below (oct 2017) shows his offensive prowess, a move he was busting back at the World Juniors in 2014, I’m sure his hilite reel at that tournament is deep in YouTube for you to find. Tryamkin has a full tool box, and is becoming more fearless every year he plays.. He has the physical attribute and co-ordination of a Lebron James, and Skates like Bobby Orr.

this clip is from Oct 2017..

kid needs the right coach.

https://mobile.twitter.com/ryanbiech/status/905490289745211392/photo/1

Ps.. play starts from his own end, when he goes wide outside backhand around the D man, that puck is controlled 12-16 feet away, protected by by 250lbs, Going 40kph.

#GameChanger

Edited by SilentSam
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, SilentSam said:

I don’t think you’ve seen a lot of Tryamkin.

I will admit, I've seen little of him since he left our team.  I guess I'm more basing my opinions on what I saw from him with us - as that clip truly was an outstanding play.  (Especially for such a big guy)

• Cheers 1

7 minutes ago, Provost said:

Anyone know if it is possible to get one of his KHL jerseys (even a replica, not a game worn one).

That would be a fun sweater to own.

Looks like Lutch USA sells replica and “pro” versions of Avto’s KHL jersey, with custom name and number.

home (red):

https://lutchusa.com/shop/khl/khl-season-17-18/automobilist-ekaterinburg-17-18-home-1-detail

road (white):

https://lutchusa.com/shop/khl/khl-season-17-18/automobilist-ekaterinburg-17-18-away-1-detail

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, Provost said:

Anyone know if it is possible to get one of his KHL jerseys (even a replica, not a game worn one).

That would be a fun sweater to own.

2 hours ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

Looks like Lutch USA sells replica and “pro” versions of Avto’s KHL jersey, with custom name and number.

home (red):

https://lutchusa.com/shop/khl/khl-season-17-18/automobilist-ekaterinburg-17-18-home-1-detail

road (white):

https://lutchusa.com/shop/khl/khl-season-17-18/automobilist-ekaterinburg-17-18-away-1-detail

... Duuude !!!  

Buy 100 to begin with and start selling them outside Rogers,  be cool to see those at the Canuck Home games, start the show of force :) ., sure would feel comforting to Nik if he does come back and see those in the stands!

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, SilentSam said:

... Duuude !!!  

Buy 100 to begin with and start selling them outside Rogers,  be cool to see those at the Canuck Home games, start the show of force :) ., sure would feel comforting to Nik if he does come back and see those in the stands!

Could backfire. We all start wearing Avto jerseys and Aquilini decides to move the team to Yekaterinburg!

I’m of Nordic descent, so I don’t mind the cold. But I’d still prefer not to have to brave -40 temperatures to get to the rink for Canucks games. :lol:

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 1/25/2018 at 11:44 AM, SilentSam said:

I don’t think you’ve seen a lot of Tryamkin. The clip below (oct 2017) shows his offensive prowess, a move he was busting back at the World Juniors in 2014, I’m sure his hilite reel at that tournament is deep in YouTube for you to find. Tryamkin has a full tool box, and is becoming more fearless every year he plays.. He has the physical attribute and co-ordination of a Lebron James, and Skates like Bobby Orr.

this clip is from Oct 2017..

kid needs the right coach.

https://mobile.twitter.com/ryanbiech/status/905490289745211392/photo/1

Ps.. play starts from his own end, when he goes wide outside backhand around the D man, that puck is controlled 12-16 feet away, protected by by 250lbs, Going 40kph.

#GameChanger

Nice of him to let up on the D. caught in front of that freight train...the D. checking him looked like he wanted no part of actually coming to close to him....stick checking from a safe distance....

NHL D. would have at put up better fight...before getting run over....

• Like 1