The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikita Tryamkin | D

Drouin

On 5/15/2018 at 1:56 PM, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

On a maturity level, it’s pretty much the same thing as a guy with a bad pickup line getting shot down at the bar and then claiming the girl that rejected him must be a lesbian. Uh, maybe she just wasn’t into you?

d95.gif

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 2

Yesterday I grabbed coffee with a fairly recent ex Canuck. Despite being a big player who was fine playing physical (hitting and checking), he didn't like fighting. He never fought in junior and didn't know what he was doing. Our coach at the time told him he needed to drop the gloves regularly. This expectation was very stressful. These dudes are not much different than you or I. Imagine having to go into the office knowing you will have to start trading fists with the biggest, toughest dude in the office in front of everybody you know and on live television.

Reason I shared this is it got me thinking about Tryamkin. It seemed like a major negative in his career here was the Boston game where we got blown out, and Tryamkin got called out by Willie D for not fighting. 

Tryamkin is a big guy who also doesn't mind playing physical but he also has almost zero fighting experience. This expectation must have crushed him, and I highly doubt his coach in Russia is telling him to go out and fight. 

Of course he isn't going to come out and say this but I believe this may have been a major factor in him going back to Russia. I remember Tryamkin mentioning he doesn't like fighting, but it is likely easier to save face saying he wanted more ice time, family, and homesickness for the reason for his departure. 

Edited by canucklehead44
  • Upvote 3

7 minutes ago, canucklehead44 said:

Yesterday I grabbed coffee with a fairly recent ex Canuck. Despite being a big player who was fine playing physical (hitting and checking), he didn't like fighting. He never fought in junior and didn't know what he was doing. Our coach at the time told him he needed to drop the gloves regularly. This expectation was very stressful. These dudes are not much different than you or I. Imagine having to go into the office knowing you will have to start trading fists with the biggest, toughest dude in the office in front of everybody you know and on live television.

Reason I shared this is it got me thinking about Tryamkin. It seemed like a major negative in his career here was the Boston game where we got blown out, and Tryamkin got called out by Willie D for not fighting. 

Tryamkin is a big guy who also doesn't mind playing physical but he also has almost zero fighting experience. This expectation must have crushed him, and I highly doubt his coach in Russia is telling him to go out and fight. 

Of course he isn't going to come out and say this but I believe this may have been a major factor in him going back to Russia. I remember Tryamkin mentioning he doesn't like fighting, but it is likely easier to save face saying he wanted more ice time, family, and homesickness for the reason for his departure. 

is viktor oreskovich your insurance broker?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, tas said:

holy crap, did I guess right?

That is what it says online - he is not my insurance broker. 

But either way, I can see Tryamkin sharing a similar sentiment. I am 6'2 215lbs, it would suck if I was expected to fight all the time in my men's league. Probably get my ass handed to me by smaller guys and get laughed at. 

Edited by canucklehead44

Not sure if Tryamkin will play tomorrow against Canada. He did not play last game for Russia against Sweden, and in the game before that against Slovakia he played under 8 minutes. Not sure what happened to him...

• Cheers 1

11 hours ago, WeneedLumme said:

The blogger demonstrated the level of his integrity by claiming that Tram's refusal to talk to him (someone who is neither a journalist nor affiliated with the Canucks) meant that Tram wants nothing to do with the Canucks. 

While that level of integrity might be acceptable to you, to an honest person it is not.

No he didn't. He did what most of the people on here do. He deduced from the fact that Tryamkin showed a pure lack of class in his dealing with someone who only wanted to relate some interesting Q&A to the Canucks fanbase. 

An article if it had come off, would have had most of the people who have obsessed with this guy, to be all over it, dissecting it, reading and re-reading goodness knows what into every nuance, every comma and every full stop.

Your last sentence is just a load of BS designed to dis me which should embarrass you.

12 hours ago, SilentSam said:

He did not agree.   Did not answer a question.    But the Blogger had his ego hurt and made a negative, uninformed comment.

Blogger needs a punch in the nose...  ery unprofessional..

Read the article again and calm down before you have an accident ffs.

Tryamkin asked if he wanted to do it in English? Then he seemed to have an attack of "self entitled rock star" and stormed off.

2 hours ago, canuckledraggin said:

Willie's Mom talking about Tryamkin's Mom? Oh the irony!... I've heard this before somewhere haven't I?...

Well you can't talk. The next time you have an opinion, will be your first.

But hey thanks for coming out from under your. stone, hope it's not too bright for you. :picard:

6 hours ago, canucklehead44 said:

I don't think he did. He wanted Try to bully him, knock him on his ass. He showed him videos of Pronger intimidating with his size and being nasty.

Of course it's no surprise we get a coach who wants players to step up the physicality, getting condemned on here - hypocrisy is the soup of the day, every day, on here.

The best you can say for Tryamkin, is ONCE MORE he reads something into what has been said to him and misunderstands.

Edited by alfstonker

6 hours ago, canucklehead44 said:

If Green was our coach last year perhaps Tryamkin would still be a Canuck. 

Bollocks.

If Green had been the coach of that "cluster--k" of a team Willie was left with he would have dealt with Tryamkin no differently. He would have wanted him to use his size to maximum effect and he would have demanded fitness and accountability. Green respected WD and they were apparently good friends.

The hypocrisy on here stinks. Every time Tryamkin flattened a guy these boards went into melt down and there was 50 pages on it from every angle. WD wants that to be a consistent feature of his game and CDC whine like babies about it.

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, Alflives said:

Willie D did a very poor job with Tryamkin.  I think that’s obvious.  

They all did. Willie was the worst though. I dont care how many good things he did , the rediculous ice time and roster moves he made made him the worst coach we have had in recent memory IMO. He was horrible overall. 

Edited by cuporbust
  • Upvote 4

7 hours ago, alfstonker said:

Tryamkin: “you wanna do in English?”

What does that look like to you? Jeez you people are sadder by the day.

So the blogger says Tram agreed, does the blogger have evidence of this or is the blogger full of b.s?

I had an interview lined up with Donald Drumpf, but then he backed out.  Is my claim credible? Must be because you read it in print, right?

• Upvote 1