The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikita Tryamkin | D

Drouin

2 minutes ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

That was my thinking as well. It’s a bit of a leap for Beichler to suggest that his getting brushed off means that Tryamkin won’t talk to “Canucks media.”

As for the actual sequence itself, I got a pretty good chuckle out of it.

Same. I would have loved it if there was an accompanying video to watch.

2 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

He's not coming back. That's what I got from it.   

How did you get him brushing off some mealy-mouthed Canucks Army hack as him not returning to the Canucks? Honestly until he makes a definite statement, it's really up in the air as to what his future plans are.

• Upvote 1

Tryamkin seems to have no interest in giving Canucks media the time of day. I dunno, sounds like he's not interested to me. Whereas a player like Goldobin wants to play in the NHL and will do whatever it takes.

2 hours ago, NUCKER67 said:

Tryamkin seems to have no interest in giving Canucks media the time of day. I dunno, sounds like he's not interested to me. Whereas a player like Goldobin wants to play in the NHL and will do whatever it takes.

Just Janik Belchface. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Typical Canucks Army BS spin on Tryamkin dousing an interview. Outside of Vanessa Jang, that blog/site is so rife with hacks posing as journalists, it's not even funny.

Good on Nikita for giving that clown Belcher the shaft.

3 hours ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

That was my thinking as well. It’s a bit of a leap for Beichler to suggest that his getting brushed off means that Tryamkin won’t talk to “Canucks media.”

As for the actual sequence itself, I got a pretty good chuckle out of it.

EDIT: Only thing better would be a Rick Dhaliwal tweet 5 minutes later that started with “Just talked to Nikita Tryamkin” and went on for a 5-6 tweet lengthy interview.

say what you will about media types but unless Tryamkin didn't want to talk about being part of another team while at the Worlds (I would get that) but perhaps the general feeling is true- maybe he has no desire to be a Canuck.  I wouldn't be surprised at all.

All the legitimate interviews that I've seen so far suggest Tryamkin is seriously contemplating a return to the Canucks once his contract is up. I think the fact he isn't wanting to engage with media about it right now when his mind isn't entirely made up is totally acceptable. He still has two years on his contract. My sense is though that he'll be ready for a return when it's up. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

Maybe the guy gave him the wrong vibe or looked like a desperate canuckarmy drone? I'm good with NT88 picking his spots.

Give him space and let him decide.. morons tweeting at him or hack journalists desperate for tweets aren't going to do any good.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 2

24 minutes ago, Western Red said:

Maybe the guy gave him the wrong vibe or looked like a desperate canuckarmy drone? I'm good with NT88 picking his spots.

Give him space and let him decide.. morons tweeting at him or hack journalists desperate for tweets aren't going to do any good.

Exactly, and maybe he just doesn't like dealing with media in english? He seemed to have that issue when here, and its not like anyone likes the vancouver hockey media either. Not to mention, he's under contract to a KHL team, probably doesn't want to be seen as not a team guy, is focused on the worlds, and probably (almost certainly) hasn't even decided with his family yet, which is why he left. In all reality, its a mature and wise thing to do to effectively say 'no comment' right now

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

59 minutes ago, EuroCanuck said:

Exactly, and maybe he just doesn't like dealing with media in english? He seemed to have that issue when here, and its not like anyone likes the vancouver hockey media either. Not to mention, he's under contract to a KHL team, probably doesn't want to be seen as not a team guy, is focused on the worlds, and probably (almost certainly) hasn't even decided with his family yet, which is why he left. In all reality, its a mature and wise thing to do to effectively say 'no comment' right now

Even if he does learn perfect English, I hope he keeps it up and always defers to a translator when it comes to the media. It would be hilarious hahaha

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, DontMessMe said:

Would WSH be interested in him? Perhaps we can re-coup a 3rd rd pick back maybe??? Ovi and his russian hitman's can convince him to join them for another cup run?? 

Good point...Ovi, Kuznetsov,Orlov, ... Tryamkin would be a red army team that would make 96-99 red Wings team proud. 

7 hours ago, DontMessMe said:

Would WSH be interested in him? Perhaps we can re-coup a 3rd rd pick back maybe??? Ovi and his russian hitman's can convince him to join them for another cup run?? 

Tryamkin would likely be more settled (his young family too) in Washington as well.  I think he’s worth more than only a third though.  Would Madison Bowie be fair?

17 hours ago, NUCKER67 said:

Tryamkin is currently representing his country  and has bigger things on his mind. He probably just didn't want to answer the same set of questions every canuck media blow hole has been asking him since he left. I interpreted the English part as a intent message. If someone was speaking Russian to him, they were probably going to ask him about Russian hockey. English speaking shows canucks intent and he clearly just wasn't in the mood.

• Upvote 2