The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikita Tryamkin | D

Drouin

23 minutes ago, Goal:thecup said:

In addition to this idea that journalists (and bloggers) should properly research and report facts, I think any journalists or blogger should be required to self-identify on these forums.

IMO, it is at a minimum duplicitous to pose as someone else on CDC for example, and then submit a story based on CDC discussions without disclosing sources and crediting them properly.

It would also help to identify these scum and hold them to account or put them on "Ignore".

But you'd be taking away 1040s main information source. I guess there's always twitter. 

• Haha 1

On 2018-05-14 at 2:49 PM, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

And we know he doesn’t want to talk to Janik Beichler. :lol:

who does? 

I was (probably still am) quite po'd at Willie D's ridiculous comments and expectations from him, and I'm also po'd at Nik for turning down an NHL job. It may be for good reasons, I really don't think anyone has the full story on it. It may also be that he's not mobile enough for a faster NHL game and is better suited to the KHL. But at this point I'm happy to move on, I don't really consider him one of our prospects given the circumstances. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

You sound like the jilted blogger himself.

Already have this one on "Ignore" (and wouldn't have seen his post if not for your response).

Always stirring the pot and shifting the discussion when held to account, makes me think "alfstonker" is one of these journalists or bloggers desperate for content and ideas.

• Cheers 1

blogger says somebody did something.

some people read what blogger wrote and assume it is the truth.

some people will believe almost anything.

Funny though, blogger says Tram. wants nothing to do with people connected to the Canucks.

Question for blogger, how  is blogger connected to Canucks?

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

who does? 

I was (probably still am) quite po'd at Willie D's ridiculous comments and expectations from him, and I'm also po'd at Nik for turning down an NHL job. It may be for good reasons, I really don't think anyone has the full story on it. It may also be that he's not mobile enough for a faster NHL game and is better suited to the KHL. But at this point I'm happy to move on, I don't really consider him one of our prospects given the circumstances. 

Likely Big Nikita was fine playing here.  It was (maybe?) more so his very young wife who didn't like it here.  She was pregnant too, right?  The guy was doing what was best for his young family.  I don't like Willie D's and management's handling of Nikita, but don't believe that played at all in his decision to go home.  It's all about the wife.

37 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Likely Big Nikita was fine playing here.  It was (maybe?) more so his very young wife who didn't like it here.  She was pregnant too, right?  The guy was doing what was best for his young family.  I don't like Willie D's and management's handling of Nikita, but don't believe that played at all in his decision to go home.  It's all about the wife.

I don't know about the wife stuff, that all seems like pure speculation to me. If they are having a kid then going home for a bit makes sense.

1 hour ago, SilentSam said:

So Tryamkin should  chance an interveiw with a blogger, and in the time constraints already set aside for “pressers” , snub off any solid KHL, NHL, World media reporters, all of which are usually affiliated with established leagues and papers?

Hmmm, think i would do what Nik did.

Sounds like this makes all too much sense,  even allows the fact that it keeps your hate up on the young man..  something out of nothing perhaps?

It was the fact he agreed and then dissed the guy that showed a lack of maturity imo.

Of course you would do what "Nik".............. says it all really.

11 hours ago, alfstonker said:

You have no idea what type of integrity the blogger has. What a load of BS.

Baseless, perceived as fact? Oh the irony. What are you basing any of that guff you have written on?

The blogger demonstrated the level of his integrity by claiming that Tram's refusal to talk to him (someone who is neither a journalist nor affiliated with the Canucks) meant that Tram wants nothing to do with the Canucks. 

While that level of integrity might be acceptable to you, to an honest person it is not.

• Upvote 2

34 minutes ago, alfstonker said:

It was the fact he agreed and then dissed the guy that showed a lack of maturity imo.

Your going off because a blogger “said” that ..?      Thats bigtime.

38 minutes ago, alfstonker said:

He did not agree.   Did not answer a question.    But the Blogger had his ego hurt and made a negative, uninformed comment.

Blogger needs a punch in the nose...  ery unprofessional..

1 hour ago, PhillipBlunt said:

To summarize, Nikita Tryamkin was approached at the World Championships by a blogger posing as an actual journalist.

Tryamkin could physically sense that the blogger was a Canucks smarmy hack and dutifully blew him off.

Canucks smarmy assclown blogger realizing that he is a douche pulls a typical Canucks smarmy move and vents online and makes incorrect assumptions about Tryamkin's feelings about Vancouver in general.

Certain portions of the Canucks fanbase read the blog's headline and don't bother to check the source of the false report, and in turn believe Tryamkin is done with the Canucks.

Essentially, welcome to the majority of sports "journalism" in Vancouver.  

then they started to complain when Freidman called them out

Just now, Squamfan said:

then they started to complain when Freidman called them out

I like the tie in, Squamfan. Exactly. They spew BS and negative press to generate clicks, and when someone removed from the situation calls them for what they are, they react like the turds they are.

Now players are following suit. Surprise, surprise. If the fans who buy their tripe could finally wake up and walk away, one could say that there is progress.

• Upvote 2