The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikita Tryamkin | D

Drouin

when does their season end, and can we bring him over after that?

have to say, the big ice of the KHL has done wonders for a young man this size. Dont think ive ever seen such a fluid skater over 6'5".

i understand his contract ends in April 2015, but may wait his options.

imagine this size and speed on an NHL sized pond. :blink:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=bJK8eCJ7pD8

believe this is a Sept-Oct 2015 game.. My apologies if i am repeating a link on this thread.

have to say, the big ice of the KHL has done wonders for a young man this size. Dont think ive ever seen such a fluid skater over 6'5".

i understand his contract ends in April 2015, but may wait his options.

imagine this size and speed on an NHL sized pond. :blink:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=bJK8eCJ7pD8

believe this is a Sept-Oct 2015 game.. My apologies if i am repeating a link on this thread.

he's just what we need on the back end to play with a guy like Suban.

.. They better soften the boards and glass at Rogers (Neilson) Arena ;)

There are 3 four letter words I can think of, "Boom, Baby, Boom".

Edler is the only physical D of the 3 though but it that'll change with Tryamnkin and Pedan B) I think with the emergence of Pedan they were able to convert Stewart into a forward instead. We're going to have a big mean team in the future ^_^

• Upvote 1

Edler is the only physical D of the 3 though but it that'll change with Tryamnkin and Pedan B) I think with the emergence of Pedan they were able to convert Stewart into a forward instead. We're going to have a big mean team in the future ^_^

... and to know how the Canucks have adopted a culture and class of Health, Fitness and Well Being.. What a great place for young men to play.

don't forget the D's we currently have

Edler 6'4

Tanev 6'3

Hutton 6'3 

I'm pretty sure that Edler is 6'3" and Tanev is 6'2". At least that's what the Canucks list them at. Either way, good point. Hopefully soon we will have a nice big D corps. Now if only Tanev could put on some size...

• Upvote 1

I'm pretty sure that Edler is 6'3" and Tanev is 6'2". At least that's what the Canucks list them at. Either way, good point. Hopefully soon we will have a nice big D corps. Now if only Tanev could put on some size...

i've seen Edler and Tanev beside Kassian who is listed as 6'3 and they are both taller than him.

an exciting time to be a canuck fan.. Hope we can excite Mr Tryamkin enough to sign with the club in April 2015.

• Upvote 1

Edler is 6'3. Doesn't play like his size.

Tanev and Hutton are 6'2 and well under 200 pounds so that doesn't mean much. 

Agree they could each be a little heavier, but not much. For That.. Their upside is their mobility,. With still above average frames,Probably why they get good PK time.

which has the possibility of teaming each of them off with either Pedan or Tryamkin respectively.. 

But hey,. Im not Marty McFly :wacko:

Edited by SilentSam
Add on

Agree they could each be a little heavier, but not much. For That.. Their upside is their mobility,. With still above average frames,Probably why they get good PK time.

which has the possibility of teaming each of them off with either Pedan or Tryamkin respectively.. 

But hey,. Im not Marty McFly :wacko:

I tend to disagree with the extra weight limiting mobility. 

I mean look at the speed of the guy we are talking about who weights 230 pounds. 

Or a guy like Burns, Doughty, well over 200 pounds.

At 6'2, in the NHL you should be at MINIMUM of 200-210 as a defense man. 

• Upvote 1

I mean look at the speed of the guy we are talking about who weights 230 pounds. 

yes, i agreed each could be a little heavier,. and i cannot compare them to  being as elite as Burns or Doughty.. Just stating that they offer great mobility for the players they are. Tryamkin may be the biggest mobile defenseman Ive seen, and perhaps have him tagged with that elite category. Ps.I heard Doughty purposely dropped weight this year? (Think i heard it mentioned on 1040?

In fairness, Burns/Doughty aren't average even for NHL'ers (which are all, already elite hockey players). It's actually abnormal (but extremely coveted) to have that much size AND speed. Most guys simply can't do it. Just like say Ovechkin (or our very own Virtanen for that matter) at forward. These guys are freaks of nature and not remotely the "norm".

If Tryamkin can translate his apparent speed/fluidity to the smaller NHL ice surface, at his size, we may just have something special here. I'm excited to see him over here sometime in the near future.

• Upvote 1