The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikita Tryamkin | D

Drouin

@jeremydavis89: #Canucks prospect Nikita Tryamkin seems to be finding his stride. Another assist this morning puts him on a 4 game point streak (2G-3A)

@jeremydavis89: Tryamkin played 22:24 today, highest on Avtomobilist. He's been above 20min in 4 of his last 6 games and now has 10 points (4-6) in 34 games

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, TheRussianRocket. said:

@jeremydavis89: #Canucks prospect Nikita Tryamkin seems to be finding his stride. Another assist this morning puts him on a 4 game point streak (2G-3A)

@jeremydavis89: Tryamkin played 22:24 today, highest on Avtomobilist. He's been above 20min in 4 of his last 6 games and now has 10 points (4-6) in 34 games

I hope he comes over after his season is done and plays in Utica or with the Canucks

3 minutes ago, Gstank29 said:

I hope he comes over after his season is done and plays in Utica or with the Canucks

You're over your head. Won't happen for another 2 years at the least after this season ends.

He has a contract he recently signed and will honour it plus the time and development he's getting is just as good as he'd get here.

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

It's becoming pretty clear to me that we need to do everything we can to get this young man to come over to the NHL as soon as his playoffs are over. 

The Canucks don't have another prospect with his level of experience ready, Pedan is the only other one close, and we need to see what he's got, if even in a late season audition. 

If we are lucky, and Yekaterinburg is eliminated in the 1st round, he could be suited up by the first or second week of March. 

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, theminister said:

If we are lucky, and Yekaterinburg is eliminated in the 1st round, he could be suited up by the first or second week of March.

That's the goal JB should be looking at.....add him ( and Rodin ) to the Utica roster late in the season so a reasonable assesment can be made where they're at with their development, in a league they can make a judgement with. I have no idea how the KHL apertains to the NHL, I doubt any one else has that ability either. But what I do notice is the guy he's tied with in scoring on his team, both D, 21 /6'/180 hasn't even been drafted period ?

Edited by Fred65

34 minutes ago, Fred65 said:

That's the goal JB should be looking at.....add him ( and Rodin ) to the Utica roster late in the season so a reasonable assesment can be made where they're at with their development, in a league they can make a judgement with. I have no idea how the KHL apertains to the NHL, I doubt any one else has that ability either. But what I do notice is the guy he's tied with in scoring on his team, both D, 21 /6'/180 hasn't even been drafted period ?

it would be great to be able to see these guys in Utica this year.  I'd even throw in Jasek but he'd probably need to have a strong second half to earn such considration.

On 11/26/2015 at 4:58 PM, meh_wassup said:

I was hoping for a little better offensive output from him this year. 10 pts in 34 games is satisfactory but not great (especially considering 5 of those points came in the last 4 games). I'd still welcome him and Pedan on the roster with open arms

Especially considering 5 of those points came in the last 4 games, he should be brought over as soon as possible!

He obviously is starting to "get it", let's hope he keeps it going enough to get Benning to offer him a one year one way contract to get him over here next year (and this year's playoffs).

Tryamkin only had about 1 point in his first 15 games or so (without looking it up) so 9 points in 20 games since is totally righteous.

Pair him with Pedan in Utica for this year's playoffs and hope like stink they come up to the Canucks together next year as a tough as nails shutdown pair.

2 hours ago, theminister said:

It's becoming pretty clear to me that we need to do everything we can to get this young man to come over to the NHL as soon as his playoffs are over. 

The Canucks don't have another prospect with his level of experience ready, Pedan is the only other one close, and we need to see what he's got, if even in a late season audition. 

Could be fun if we happen to draft Sergachyov as well... ::D

9 minutes ago, Rollieo Del Fuego said:

Especially considering 5 of those points came in the last 4 games, he should be brought over as soon as possible!

He obviously is starting to "get it", let's hope he keeps it going enough to get Benning to offer him a one year one way contract to get him over here next year (and this year's playoffs).

Tryamkin only had about 1 point in his first 15 games or so (without looking it up) so 9 points in 20 games since is totally righteous.

Pair him with Pedan in Utica for this year's playoffs and hope like stink they come up to the Canucks together next year as a tough as nails shutdown pair.

I think he is a rare example of a big ice surface player who would thrive on a smaller surface. He can already skate like the wind from what I hear. 

Imagine this big ugly bastard yelling Russian profanities at you as he clears you out of his crease. 

Edited by LaBamba
  • Upvote 3

Tryamkin's stats line is very respectable, especially considering the type of game he plays and his usage this season.

It's unfortunate the KHL doesn't keep more advanced stats but I suspect that his 5v5 points/60 would be more impressive than his raw points per game.

And his "physicality" stats (hits, blocks, PIM, etc) are very impressive compared to his teammates and across that league. Especially when you consider how much his ice time fluctuated this year (and all those low TOI games he had earlier in the year).

All in all, he's having a solid 2015-16 season and looks very much to be on track in his development.
  • Upvote 3

Last thing I heard was that he was "thinking "of signing an extension to stay in the KHL for another year ...before that I heard he wanted a one way contract with the Canucks to come over, that way he gets 800k/yr or so even if he plays with the Comets all year.

If that's the case Benning has to be confident he can make the team or it doesn't make sense to rush him over here.