The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikita Tryamkin | D

Drouin

Benning has used the words mean streak to describe NT. He's big and nasty and looks like a Benning guy. I said this before, that I think Pedan signing was a direct result of getting Tryamkin. With another Russian in the system, it may entice him into coming over sooner than he may have otherwise. It's nice to see some Russian talent being considered, instead of the Burke and Gillis years, where it was never an option. Benning is definitely playing chess, whereas all the armchair GM's are playing checkers.

chinese checkers or just regular?

From Freidman's 30 thoughts:

GM Jim Benning has a good eye, too. In 2014, he grabbed Russian defenceman Nikita Tryamkin 66th overall. “I was like, ‘Who?’” one North American-based scout laughed last week. “Now, I’ve seen him. He’s going to be a player.” The team hopes he joins AHL Utica after the KHL season.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/30-thoughts-try-bigger-nets-in-the-all-star-game/

I really hope they can convince him to come over, I'm just not sure he would be interested in doing so playing for the Comets.

• Upvote 1

Would be great if he could join the Comets for a playoff run! It would give us a much better idea of where his game is at and how he translates it to N.A. ice. After that and a good summer, he might even be ready to compete for a depth 6-8 spot on the Canucks with Pedan.

Wouldn't be surprised if he played another year or so in the K though if he isn't quite there.

Edited by J.R.
  • Upvote 1

Seems like the uro leagues finsih earlier than NA I wonder if his contract is finished at the end of the season and if he's permitted to come over here and hook up with Utica before their season ends....be nice to see him on the small ice ( usually benefits the bigger player ) and how he compares with others such as Pedan and

Thats was my point exactly for Rodin and the same holds true of  Tryamkin.  Lets see what you bring boys ... and then we'll talk money

6 hours ago, Fred65 said:

Seems like the uro leagues finsih earlier than NA I wonder if his contract is finished at the end of the season and if he's permitted to come over here and hook up with Utica before their season ends....be nice to see him on the small ice ( usually benefits the bigger player ) and how he compares with others such as Pedan and

Thats was my point exactly for Rodin and the same holds true of  Tryamkin.  Lets see what you bring boys ... and then we'll talk money

Its all lining up, N Tryamkin's contract expires in April 2016. But he has expressed interest in re-signing with his Russian club .

15 hours ago, SilentSam said:

Its all lining up, N Tryamkin's contract expires in April 2016. But he has expressed interest in re-signing with his Russian club .

as well as expressing interest in signing with Vancouver.  Just keeping his options open.  It would be a bad move on his part to say he wouldn't re-sign with the team he's currently playing for.

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, DeNiro said:

Anyone know when the KHL season ends?

Wonder if we could get him over here this season.

His teams final game is feb.18. Playoffs run in to april. Though his team probably wont go far so we could see him in Utica around March, hopefully.