The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikita Tryamkin | D

Drouin

1 hour ago, Wanless said:

Why is he not innocent?

Refusing to do a conditioning stint, contract or not, after showing up for the season in poor shape.  Taking his puck and going back to Russia because of ice time, as a rookie.  Multiple interviews where he derides coaches, the city and the organization.

I hope he comes back and I'd be happy to see it, but it's been high drama from day one of him signing a contract.......whether it's caused by him or just surrounds him is irrelevant, imo.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 3

1 hour ago, stawns said:

Refusing to do a conditioning stint, contract or not, after showing up for the season in poor shape.  Taking his puck and going back to Russia because of ice time, as a rookie.  Multiple interviews where he derides coaches, the city and the organization.

I hope he comes back and I'd be happy to see it, but it's been high drama from day one of him signing a contract.......whether it's caused by him or just surrounds him is irrelevant, imo.

Multiple interview where he bashes Willie?

He questioned his communication or lack thereof so didn't understand what to do. Willie was a bad coach, we all know that.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Wanless said:

Multiple interview where he bashes Willie?

He questioned his communication or lack thereof so didn't understand what to do. Willie was a bad coach, we all know that.

You see it your way, I see it move.  Regardless, I'd welcome him back if he returned......on the ice I thought he showed a lot of potential

• Cheers 2

2 hours ago, Hockey God said:

The only drama is from anyone not understanding what actually happened.  Signed a contract, played out his contract.  End of story.  The team agreed to the no AHL stipulation, and Tryamkin used it.  Good for him.  He has never said anything bad about the Canucks, only wondered why he didn't get more ice time, as would any fan watching the horrible back end that year.  The rest is basically hearsay and gossip, possibly compounded by miscommunication due to things being lost in translation.  He still shows an interest in the team, so if the team does well and shows interest after his current contract expires, and he isn't lowballed, then he'll most likely be back at the end of the upcoming season.  And there's absolutely nothing wrong with that.

I'm sure that plays a part in it, I agree.  However, I'm not sure how anyone can argue there isn't a tinge of entitlement there.

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, janisahockeynut said:

I want Tryamkin here...…...everyone knows that

but I wonder what he would bring in a sign and trade?

I would argue a 2nd?

A 2nd round pick has a 30% chance of making the NHL and even less than that if you check for a substantial contributor (like a top 4). If Tryamkin wanted to come back and signed why on earth would you trade him? His stock would be at its lowest and in this scenario he’s agreed to come back and play.

8 hours ago, Hockey God said:

The only drama is from anyone not understanding what actually happened.  Signed a contract, played out his contract.  End of story.  The team agreed to the no AHL stipulation, and Tryamkin used it.  Good for him.  He has never said anything bad about the Canucks, only wondered why he didn't get more ice time, as would any fan watching the horrible back end that year.  The rest is basically hearsay and gossip, possibly compounded by miscommunication due to things being lost in translation.  He still shows an interest in the team, so if the team does well and shows interest after his current contract expires, and he isn't lowballed, then he'll most likely be back at the end of the upcoming season.  And there's absolutely nothing wrong with that.

All true....

Think a huge issue was the fact WD was not used to a situation, where a player would just pack his clothes and see ya...

Everyone would like to see Trym back, but its not all only on the Canucks...

How do coaches improve players, or get the players to play their systems, if you take the benching whip away from them. 

How do you explain to a group of players that we are in this together as a group, and then lets a rookie run the asylum? Although some rookies has intangibles that are just to good to be messed with, I guess....

Without a doubt mistakes were made by management in the handling of Tryamkin, but it takes two to tango. 

If he hadn’t bolted, he would have been making 2-3 mill a year by now (waiting on his next increased contract) and probably been on our 2nd pairing.

Edited by spook007
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, WeneedLumme said:

Sure, when Hell freezes over. Trading the rights to someone who has so little trade value combined with so much potential value to the team would be very silly.

Depends if they believe he's ever coming back to Van.

11 minutes ago, Ray_Cathode said:

Exactly.  I suppose all the drama is about how much the Canucks need a guy exactly like what Tryamkin, with the best outcome, could become. Just too many CDCers behave like jilted lovers.

I'm guilty of that; maybe I fed the fire.

I posted a re-worded version of Baby Come Back (Hall & Oates?) a long time ago and there has been a lot of "jilted lover" talk here ever since.

"Niki come back

I won't be a fool no more

Niki come back

I was wrong and I just can't live without you"

(Or some such rot.)

But yeah, I didn't want him to go and wish he would come back.

And the sooner the better.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

One thing that strikes me as strange it seems that apparently, upper management knew very little of the gulf between Tryamkin and Willy. They made an offer which they thought was appropriate unaware that Tryamkin was anything but happy in the role Willy has put him in. Unfortunately, they fired Willy after Tryamkin had made his escape to the KHL

15 hours ago, Fred65 said:

One thing that strikes me as strange it seems that apparently, upper management knew very little of the gulf between Tryamkin and Willy. They made an offer which they thought was appropriate unaware that Tryamkin was anything but happy in the role Willy has put him in. Unfortunately, they fired Willy after Tryamkin had made his escape to the KHL

because players don't dictate management decisions

On 4/27/2019 at 4:37 PM, stawns said:

We’re back on the Ferris Wheel every time you bring up all this  “Jilted Lover Jargon” Stawns.

How is he high drama,.. ?    

Because he is not here,.  and hasn’t had a Canucks Jersey on for 2 years,.  

When he was here, he didn’t refuse a conditioning stint,.  Benning, after the meeting with Tryamkin and Diamond, said to the press that they asked him to go to Utica for 2 games. Benning said Tryamkin posed some interesting questions that made sense and that it was Tryamkins RIGHT not to go because he didn’t have to.  Benning stated that it made more sense for Tryamkin to stay with the Canucks rather than fly to the East Coast for 4 or 5 days and return, and that management agreed with the player.

It seems that Desjardins was the only one that took issue with Tryamkin,. Let’s not forget, they FIRED Desjardins and offered Nikita a new contract with the Canucks worth over double the amount of money he is making now in the KHL.

He didn’t leave for money.  

I have never seen or heard of an “interveiw” where he derides a Coach of the Canucks, Management or Franchise..  that is just False, Wrong and an outright lie,.  And I ask you to please offer me the quotes from Tryamkin where you say this happened .

I would be happy to read, see , or hear this.

I find it absolutely amazing how you feel you can slag a player,.  Yet still be happy to have him back..  and it’s been going on for 2 years.

If that’s not “band wagon”..  it’s “back alley”.

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 2

2 hours ago, SilentSam said:

We’re back on the Ferris Wheel every time you bring up all this  “Jilted Lover Jargon” Stawns.

How is he high drama,.. ?    

Because he is not here,.  and hasn’t had a Canucks Jersey on for 2 years,.  

When he was here, he didn’t refuse a conditioning stint,.  Benning, after the meeting with Tryamkin and Diamond, said to the press that they asked him to go to Utica for 2 games. Benning said Tryamkin posed some interesting questions that made sense and that it was Tryamkins RIGHT not to go because he didn’t have to.  Benning stated that it made more sense for Tryamkin to stay with the Canucks rather than fly to the East Coast for 4 or 5 days and return, and that management agreed with the player.

It seems that Desjardins was the only one that took issue with Tryamkin,. Let’s not forget, they FIRED Desjardins and offered Nikita a new contract with the Canucks worth over double the amount of money he is making now in the KHL.

He didn’t leave for money.  

I have never seen or heard of an “interveiw” where he derides a Coach of the Canucks, Management or Franchise..  that is just False, Wrong and an outright lie,.  And I ask you to please offer me the quotes from Tryamkin where you say this happened .

I would be happy to read, see , or hear this.

I find it absolutely amazing how you feel you can slag a player,.  Yet still be happy to have him back..  and it’s been going on for 2 years.

If that’s not “band wagon”..  it’s “back alley”.

Why do you find that amazing?  Don't people you like ever do things you don't like?  Why does it have to be love or hate?

I do things all the time that aren't in my contract or work requirements.........because somethings are done for the greater good and you do them because it's better for the bigger picture.  They weren't sending him down to Utica, they wanted him to do a two week conditioning stint because HE showed up in such poor shape.  He was well within his right to refuse, but not going also sends a very poor, selfish message to management, coaches and teammates.  I don't begrudge him exercising his rights, but he certainly didn't win any points either.

Ultimately, I want to see players in van who want to be there, players who appreciate the honour of playing amongst the best in the world.  I don't get that feeling from Try, at all.  It doesn't mean I wouldn't welcome him back with a more mature, team friendly attitude.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, stawns said:

Why do you find that amazing?  Don't people you like ever do things you don't like?  Why does it have to be love or hate?

I do things all the time that aren't in my contract or work requirements.........because somethings are done for the greater good and you do them because it's better for the bigger picture.  They weren't sending him down to Utica, they wanted him to do a two week conditioning stint because HE showed up in such poor shape.  He was well within his right to refuse, but not going also sends a very poor, selfish message to management, coaches and teammates.  I don't begrudge him exercising his rights, but he certainly didn't win any points either.

Ultimately, I want to see players in van who want to be there, players who appreciate the honour of playing amongst the best in the world.  I don't get that feeling from Try, at all.  It doesn't mean I wouldn't welcome him back with a more mature, team friendly attitude.

It’s seems a bit Oxy- Moronic to me,.  And please , that’s not to sound insulting...

.. “but you do that all the time, because it’s better for the bigger picture” .

Tryamkin does for the same reason and you say it sends a selfish message. .  

I say it brings what was a young 21 -22 year old back as a 25 year old ready to be the Stallward Man of a Man that is ready to absolutely crush the men who would have taken advantage of his young impressionable young mind.

It is his career,.   I’m sure he is looking out for the best person involved.   He has Swagger,.  and there has been very little on this team,. It’s needed.  The sooner the better now.

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 2