2 hours ago, Canuckster86 said:

Enlighten me where I said Tryamkin playing in Utica...that is what I assume your eluding to anyway.

I said, reward Rafferty for his good year in Utica so far by giving him a cup of tea with some NHL games this season. I never said sign Big Nikita and make him play in Utica

I was just stating my thoughts,  not meant to rebut your thoughts.  M apologies if if was taken that way, I can see how i stated it.

I just wanted to state it with the facts of the level of game he has a achieved and the expectations that now exist for him to have an impact with the Canucks.

I’m sure he will.. he did in his year with us.. he is a goal oriented young man.  He knows there is no room for error.. he just needs to be wanted.

15 hours ago, SilentSam said:

I was just stating my thoughts,  not meant to rebut your thoughts.  M apologies if if was taken that way, I can see how i stated it.

I just wanted to state it with the facts of the level of game he has a achieved and the expectations that now exist for him to have an impact with the Canucks.

I’m sure he will.. he did in his year with us.. he is a goal oriented young man.  He knows there is no room for error.. he just needs to be wanted.

Isn't it up to Tryamkin's KHL team whether they release him when they are eliminated or hold him until the end of his contract in June?

16 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

Isn't it up to Tryamkin's KHL team whether they release him when they are eliminated or hold him until the end of his contract in June?

Is his contract over after his final game though?  

10 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Is his contract over after his final game though?  

I can't see them holding him back from coming to the NHL if his season was over early even if his contract technically ran longer, that would not sit well with other players. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Boudrias said:

If that is the case, I don’t think there is anything Avtomobilist could do unless they would already be holding back What is left of his salary.

and I share Jimmys thoughts on it not looking good around the KHL  if they did hold him back.

On 1/8/2020 at 5:33 PM, SilentSam said:

Keep in mind that Avtomobilist has won 1 out of their last 5 games including a game yesterday.

50 days til Feb 27th. ;) 

45 days until Feb 27th ...

• Hydration 1

53 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

If that is the case, I don’t think there is anything Avtomobilist could do unless they would already be holding back What is left of his salary.

and I share Jimmys thoughts on it not looking good around the KHL  if they did hold him back.

There's also the possibility that they want to hang on to him longer to see if they can hash out a deal where he stays. It doesn't have to be holding him back unless he's surely going to the NHL. It's like why don't we just release our UFAs as soon as the season ends? We don't so we can negotiate or even try to trade the rights or whatever. Surely no UFA is felt like they are being held back by the team.

• Hydration 1

5 hours ago, Boudrias said:

Well this is a bit complicated...

1. As a common rule, KHL club and its player may terminate the player's contract before May 1st (first day of free agency) on mutual agreement but the club loses its right to that player.

2. There is some way to go around. The KHL club is allowed to make qualified offer (QO) to the player under 29 with expiring contract between April 1 and 30. If the player accepts QO from the club, then the club continues to have the KHL right to this player - until the player signs KHL contract with the club or decline to sign such contract in written form.

3. If the player accepts QO and the KHL club and him mutually terminate the current expiring contract after that, then the KHL club keeps the right to the player in the KHL.

This means that Tryamkin may come to Canucks in April after Avto is finished with the playoffs if he accepts QO from Avto in that month and the club agrees to let him go to the NHL.

• Thanks 1

I can't believe this thread is still alive. This guy is like that EX GF from years ago you are still trying to get back with. Move on people. 

• Haha 3

46 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

..and your like a serial killer.. every time you think it’s the last time,.  you come back for more.  :ph34r: 

;) 

As Stierlitz outlined above how soon Tryamkin could come has a lot to do with whether his KHL team wants to let him. If it is late April it might make more sense for him to wait until next fall. They could bring Rafferty up and have a look at him instead.   

• Hydration 2

2 hours ago, RRypien37 said:

I can't believe this thread is still alive. This guy is like that EX GF from years ago you are still trying to get back with. Move on people. 

Hes more like the 10 that got away.

• Upvote 1

On 1/12/2020 at 7:52 AM, Jimmy McGill said:

Do the 13 games he played in 2015/16 count as a pro season? if no, then he should only have two professional NHL seasons after the end of next year. 

I suspect the 13 games do not, because cap friendly has Nik on the list of players not needing protection from Seattle. They say they include players eligible or "projected to be eligible". https://www.capfriendly.com/expansion-draft/seattle

No unfortunately he won’t be exempt if he plays next year, he will need protection.  

If he’s played at least 10 games that counts as a pro season...

http://sinbin.vegas/clarification-definition-first-second-year-professionals/

• Thanks 1
  • Hydration 2
  • Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

No unfortunately he won’t be exempt if he plays next year, he will need protection.  

If he’s played at least 10 games that counts as a pro season...

http://sinbin.vegas/clarification-definition-first-second-year-professionals/

well there we have it then. 

On the d side we'll be fine for expansion. Hughes won't need protection, Edler will be a UFA, so that gives us a lot of good options on who is exposed. 

• Hydration 1
  • Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Does a 6’7” 265 pound ex girlfriend ever go away?

Only if she decides she wants to.

• Haha 4

I want to go watch the Tryamkin game but I have guest sleeping in there, full conundrum.

• Haha 1

On 1/14/2020 at 9:39 AM, Hairy Kneel said:

I want to go watch the Tryamkin game but I have guest sleeping in there, full conundrum.

Start frying bacon and make sure the coffee smells reach the guest room.  They'll gravitate to the kitchen quicker that flies to...

Edited by higgyfan
  • Haha 4

21 hours ago, Boudrias said:

As Stierlitz outlined above how soon Tryamkin could come has a lot to do with whether his KHL team wants to let him. If it is late April it might make more sense for him to wait until next fall. They could bring Rafferty up and have a look at him instead.   

And hopefully whoever Seattle takes from us clears some cap space.

• Hydration 1
  • Upvote 1