I am not sure what Tryamkin's KHL salary is but according to this article he can't be making close to what he could in the NHL.  64 Rubles to every $1 USD.  Even if he is making 70 Million Rubles (which doesn't appear likely) it only equates to about $1 Million USD.

https://www.traderumours.com/index.php?blog=8200&s=8

3 minutes ago, Borvat said:

I am not sure what Tryamkin's KHL salary is but according to this article he can't be making close to what he could in the NHL.  64 Rubles to every $1 USD.  Even if he is making 70 Million Rubles (which doesn't appear likely) it only equates to about $1 Million USD.

Have to factor in desire to stay or try something new and also cost of living and taxes. It's not simply what's the max money that can be made. There's probably union dues and other costs as well that I don't know if they have the same in the KHL.

7 minutes ago, Borvat said:

With taxes, cost of living, and escrow... he would probably have to make a lot more here to break even.

If he had have stayed, he could have probably signed a $3 million x 3 year deal here.  Now he is looking more like $2x2 to see if he can actually be a legitimate NHL solution.

8 minutes ago, Provost said:

With taxes, cost of living, and escrow... he would probably have to make a lot more here to break even.

If he had have stayed, he could have probably signed a $3 million x 3 year deal here.  Now he is looking more like $2x2 to see if he can actually be a legitimate NHL solution.

My point is he won't be losing out at a minimum and more than likely will be a fair bit better off in the short term but more so especially the long term if he is successful.  He isn't going to make as much in the KHL.  Now is the time to take a chance for him at 25. If he waits much longer the window may likely close.  

Edited by Borvat

I been thinking about what Tryamkin's contract will look like here......

I am thinking that his first year signing bonus will be big and he will want a longer contract....

I am thinking 3 years @ 3.00 Million per = 9.0 Million Total

As part of that 9.0 Million the signing bonus will be 2.0 Million, so his contract will look like this

4.333,333 Million - 1st yr,       2,333,333 - 2nd yr,       2.333,333 - 3rd yr

Totally makes his contract portable at all times

His whole contract can be mutually terminated at any time, if he wants to go back to mother Russia

and his buy out can be bought out, or traded without much cost

The bonus will be paid out in the first year as an incentive to Tryamkin and will be a safety mechanism

as the Canucks and Tryamkin's first year will be a trial and error type of season

If he can't make if, he leaves, at worst

Question for the more brainy....

Could Tryamkin be paid a consulting contract by the Canucks, where he gives them his opinions on none drafted players in the KHL

aka, 500,000 per year for inside info?

• Hydration 1

4 hours ago, janisahockeynut said:

Could Tryamkin be paid a consulting contract by the Canucks, where he gives them his opinions on none drafted players in the KHL

The only ones I would look at are the bigger defenseman. There are a handful I've seen that would look good at developing. The forwards in the K are mostly led by KHL lifers and ex NHL semi retired types. 

• Hydration 2

13 hours ago, janisahockeynut said:

Damn your creative sometimes Jan..  I’m in the middle of a renovation.. do you paint ;) ? 

• Hydration 1

2 hours ago, Provost said:

This report says Tryamkin regrets leaving the NHL and blames it on “the emotional inexperience of youth”.

I don’t know if he is going to come back, or if he can be a legitimate NHL player, or fit on a 3rd pairing... but having the option is better than not having it.

https://www.traderumours.com/index.php?blog=11801&s=8

All speculation on Nik is heating up again..

a positive read with updated quotes from the Daily HIVE.

https://dailyhive.com/vancouver/nikita-tryamkin-possible-return-canucks 

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, aliboy said:

So, if I'm reading correctly, this article is saying he can't play for us this season? That would be a drag.

It is wrong, same thing happened with Gusev and he was eligible.

The KHL season goes until late February but player contracts go until 30th April. The KHL team has to release him from his contract early so he can sign his NHL contract in time.

• Hydration 2
  • Upvote 1

Honestly if he could join us with half a dozen games left in the regular season to see how he looks, it could be a perfect fit.

His value in the post season is probably greater than the regular season.  A series where his marching orders are to lean on opposing forwards and finish checks (he doesn’t have to be Pronger and there is a lot less actual fighting in the post season)... it could really lag dividends as those forwards wear down over a few games.

• Hydration 2

8 minutes ago, aliboy said:

So, if I'm reading correctly, this article is saying he can't play for us this season? That would be a drag.

This quote from the article is wrong and misleading

Tryamkin’s KHL contract with his hometown team, Avtomobilist Yekaterinburg, is set to expire on April 30. That’s after the last game of the regular season, and he wouldn’t be eligible to play in the playoffs, so the soonest Tryamkin could return is at the start of the 2020-21 season.”

the last game of the regular season In the KHL is Feb 27..

The last game of the entire season (playoffs/cup) Is April 30th..

tenatively.. his contract can be terminated when his season is over.

Just as he was able to join us when he first arrived.

As long as a mutual understanding is reached that he would not return to another team in the KHL if he did not make the NHL squad.. 

read it somewhere??

17 hours ago, SilentSam said:

Damn your creative sometimes Jan..  I’m in the middle of a renovation.. do you paint ;) ? 

I do, but you would not like the travel time......how much? LOL

• Haha 1

Last time Tryamkin joined Canucks March 9th/2016 . So Mid March 2020 is reasonable. It’s alll depending on His KHL playoffs. I haven’t watched Automobilist play this season only highlights and standings. So I’m not sure how good they will be in the KHL playoffs.

Nhl playoff starts.... what? Second week in April. So I would think Big Tryamkin needs to be a Canuck by Mid March for him to see any real Canuck action this season. Green will not play a April arrival Tryamkin.

all and all I can’t wait til he’s a Canuck again. Im hoping for sooner the better.

• Hydration 2
  • Burr 1