The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

BUF initiate compliance buy out on Ehrhoff

They're just reducing their exposure to one of THE MOST front sided deals signed. $4m cap hit but $10m/year first year yikes. If he retired early, they'd lose millions in cap. Hilarious still that they basically paid him $7.5m/year + $12m for the buyout for average of $11.5m/year for the last 3 years hahaha.

They're just reducing their exposure to one of THE MOST front sided deals signed. $4m cap hit but $10m/year first year yikes. If he retired early, they'd lose millions in cap. Hilarious still that they basically paid him $7.5m/year + $12m for the buyout for average of $11.5m/year for the last 3 years hahaha.

Kinda too late -- already paid out more than half in just 30% of the term! :blink:

The Sabres owner is a Multi-Billionaire. I doubt that he's lost even a second of sleep over Ehrhoff's money.

Kinda too late -- already paid out more than half in just 30% of the term! :blink:

The Sabres are worried about the millions of dollars that would count against their cap if he retires from the game in the next 7 years. Pegula (owner) is worth Billions.

Sbisa will definitely be our 5th defenseman if not higher up, Stanton will be our 7/8th along with maybe Weber. Sbisa was having injury problems last season but has said that he is now 100% cleared and feels like they were just one time injuries.

Sbisa is the type of guy you want playing night in and night out, especially with how physical he can be. Stanton will most likely end up on the outside looking in and Sbisa will be playing in the season opener.

Not according to Anaheim fans he's not. They're happy they could dump him in the deal with us and were tired of his injuries and defensive play not being good enough. He's physical, but isn't a lock to be more than a 3rd pairing D-man, and not even at that if he's outperformed by Stanton. Edler and Hamhuis are still higher on the depth chart as well.

Ehrhoff was a positive effect to the Canucks. During the 2011 year, our defence was hammered with Injuries, Ehrhoff was then used to run the top line power play and was in the 1st line for PK. Guess what, we had the best power play that year, and the second best PK with who back there?

Christian Ehrhoff.

Vastly underrated offensive dman. He is our Duncan Keith at the time. Of course he's not Duncan Keith in the end, but an extremely effective dman for us in fact, he was our best dman. He even challenged guys in his weight class to fight, and the best was him asking Keith to drop it with him during the playoffs in 2010 and 2011.

This guy is a warrior. A Duetch Warrior, why woulnd't he want him back?

I bet you guys right now.. Benning with his connections in Buffalo probably heard news that they were planning to buy him out and shipping Garrison was the 1st step to freeing up room for Ehrhoff

Welcome home Mr.Ehrhoff. Your number 5 is waiting for ya bro.

Ehrhoff was a positive effect to the Canucks. During the 2011 year, our defence was hammered with Injuries, Ehrhoff was then used to run the top line power play and was in the 1st line for PK. Guess what, we had the best power play that year, and the second best PK with who back there?

Christian Ehrhoff.

Vastly underrated offensive dman. He is our Duncan Keith at the time. Of course he's not Duncan Keith in the end, but an extremely effective dman for us in fact, he was our best dman. He even challenged guys in his weight class to fight, and the best was him asking Keith to drop it with him during the playoffs in 2010 and 2011.

This guy is a warrior. A Duetch Warrior, why woulnd't he want him back?

I bet you guys right now.. Benning with his connections in Buffalo probably heard news that they were planning to buy him out and shipping Garrison was the 1st step to freeing up room for Ehrhoff

Welcome home Mr.Ehrhoff. Your number 5 is waiting for ya bro.

I like your enthusiasm Moneypuck.

To be honest, I lost interest in Ehrhoff entirely when the 10 year term came attached, and wasn't all that fond of his parting comments about going there to win a Cup just after playing in a Game 7. Not the most diplomatic of comments, but hey, whatever - they came back to bite him in the end didn't they.

Anyhow, I agree with what you're saying about his game. He was outstanding in Vancouver. The thing I probably like most about Ehrhoff isn't even his calling card - it's his uncanny ability to get shots through traffic - which I think lead to a lot of Kesler's production as he fed on deflections on the pp. I also think that despite how much criticism we dish out about his defensive game, he does have a pretty active and effective stick which makes up for a lack of physicality. And to be fair to him, he was exposed towards the end of the SCF run, but the team was without Hamhuis, Rome, and Ehrhoff was in over his head, playing minutes not necessarily suited to him, and to top it off, had a wounded wing/shoulder at the time.

I wouldn't be opposed to the type of rebound contract for him that a guy like Grabovski got, but if we're going back and crossing rivers from the past, I think I'd rather sign a certain man with balls of steel!

You know who I'm talking about. I love me some Sami Salo - and he not only made Edler a mulitples better defenseman, but he's still got it, facing the strongest qualcomp on the Tampa Bay Lightning, with good underlyers, and still producing nicely.

Another year of Sami would warm my heart, and give the likes of Corrado a bit more time to cure.

Archived