The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumor] Ryan Miller to Vancouver Thread

A nice rainy day to help them showcase Vancouver. :lol:

I can't believe the hate Miller gets on here. He's a great goalie who would be a good mentor for Lack, and maybe more importantly Demko.

It's not like we have to sign the guy to a 10 year deal. He'd be here until Lack can handle 60-70 games on his own, or someone else emerges as a clear number 1.

One would think he would want4 or 5 years though. I'm sure Lack would be more then ready by then.

I don't think Miller signing here is all that bad. As good as Lack is. He's just not ready and Miller is a good guy to play behind. Too many people are panicking about this. Miller didn't have much in front of him in Buffalo the past few years and didn't have time to adjust in St Louis . He'd be a solid puck up.

I second and even third this.

I truly fear that we have the best goaltending depth in the league right now with Lack, Markstrom, Eriksson, Canaata (sp) Corbiel and now Demko.

The LAST thing we need is yet another goaltender. Some of the best teams in the league right now are doing it with relatively young kids in net. Crawford, Howard, Quick, Rask, Niemi, everyone in Anaheim

We do not want to alienate a solid young player like Lack with a potential stud like Markstrom and Eriksson by bringing in a "vet" and basically telling them hey we have faith in you but....we don't trust you win it for us.

we have far more pressing needs than goaltending to spend money on. i really hope this is not the case and a signing is imminent

Ummmmmm, that's a humor post to lighten the mood of what will surely become a s#$t-show of a thread, right?

A nice rainy day to help them showcase Vancouver. :lol:

I can't believe the hate Miller gets on here. He's a great goalie who would be a good mentor for Lack, and maybe more importantly Demko.

It's not like we have to sign the guy to a 10 year deal. He'd be here until Lack can handle 60-70 games on his own, or someone else emerges as a clear number 1.

I don't get it either. If we want a backup for Läck, then choose to go after Hiller. If we want a starting goalie that can handle it, we go after Miller. I'm down with having Miller here. He won't get a NTC contract here anymore. He'll get good money and fair treatment (from management not fans obviously) and that should do it.

I don't get it either. If we want a backup for Läck, then choose to go after Hiller. If we want a starting goalie that can handle it, we go after Miller. I'm down with having Miller here. He won't get a NTC contract here anymore. He'll get good money and fair treatment (from management not fans obviously) and that should do it.

Hiller wouldn't be a backup.

One would think he would want4 or 5 years though. I'm sure Lack would be more then ready by then.

Who knows what he wants. Maybe he just wants to go somewhere to build his reputation back up.

I doubt they offer him 4 or 5 years, or that he would even want that. He is 33 after all.

I see him wanting around 3 years. Then he can reassess where he's at after that. At age 36 he might be ready to retire, or want to start signing one year deals like alot of goalies.

Who knows what he wants. Maybe he just wants to go somewhere to build his reputation back up.

I doubt they offer him 4 or 5 years, or that he would even want that. He is 33 after all.

I see him wanting around 3 years. Then he can reassess where he's at after that. At age 36 he might be ready to retire, or want to start signing one year deals like alot of goalies.

If he does sign here then I think JB will trade Markstrom.

He had a .913 even strength save percentage last season. Welllllllll below league average. Eddie Lack had a .921 even strength save percentage in his first season as a NHL player (league average), and got slammed with 19 straight starts. Not sure why Canucks would have an interested in Miller, Lack/Markstrom would likely produce similar or better numbers.

Lack would outplay him my christmas and this team would be in the midst of another goalie controversy. A big no thanx to Miller.

I'd be happy to add Miller to a 2 year deal around 4-5 million per year. If it's 3+ years or 5+ million then no way, there's no point in signing Miller for more than 2 years as Lack will be prime time and Markstrom will be right behind him.

I honestly hope we keep Markstrom though, the guy will be a very good goalie. Melanson will work wonders with him.

Pretty ironic in the end.

All the hand-wringing, angst, & end-of-the-world-is-nigh, because we couldn't keep one of our 2 star GT's.

Now it seems GT's are over-ripe, & openly hanging on low branches.

If we ended up with a RM, for 2 or 3 yr deal, it might work out. We may have all wasted too much time worrying about this issue. Also should appreciate Horvat & Matthias(hope they both become excellent), would NEVER get decent pieces for a GT now.

Could drafting Demko make Markstrom expendable or is it still too early to determine that?

Im pretty sure Markstrom will have to go through waivers if he doesn't make the team with us this year.... So if we do pickup anyone to back up Lack/ or start Markstrom will potentially be gone for nothing.

Archived