The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumor] Ryan Miller to Vancouver Thread

What this says to me is that management is not confident enough in a Lack/Markstrom combo to win.

Picking up an "experienced goalie" should be a signal to fans that they are not done dealing yet and plan to do everything they can to make this team competitive right away despite bringing in a huge youth injection.

I'm not Millers biggest fan, but if that's the plan, I'm all for it. Who wants to sit around watching a losing team for 2-3 years when that doesn't have to happen?

If this team is going to commit to a rebuild than don't spend cap for the sake of it.

If we are going to try and chase down a playoff spot than by all means do what is necessary to do that.

Considering the intention is to do both those things simultaneously, there no reason we shouldn't take on Miller for a few years.

i don't mind miller he's a good goaltender and an up grade in net. benning isn't going to offer him anything ridiculous and the term won't be long and he won't get a NTC. does everyone forget that hiller has vertigo issues.

i really don't care if its hiller or miller (both are quality goalies) as long as the contract is appropriate for what the nucks are looking for.

Amazing how Miller has one poor playoff performance and people think he sucks.

Probably the same people that turned on Luongo.

What exactly has Hiller done again?

For me, it's as much as one poor playoffs (on a pretty good Blues tm), as it's the fact he never really had an absolutely stellar playoffs, ever. As I already posteded, if JB can get us a discount, ok. If Miller wants full price/term, no thanks - rather take Hiller b/t 6-7 mil for 2 years.

The Canucks don't have a starting goaltender; they have two strong rookies who could become starting goaltenders.

Fans are confused. Luongo didn't want to be here anymore and got traded. The Canucks were left with Lack because of Gillis' incompetence in trading Luongo and/ or Schneider long before they got traded.

Bad management in goaltending has made the fans think Lack is actually better than Luongo. Why? Because Luongo got traded. It's this peculiar thinking, singular thinking from Vancouver Canucks fans, who don't know something good when faced with it.

Miller? Hell yeah. Thank The hockey Gods for being able to fix what has been undone.

Archived