The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Canucks re-sign Kassian

Swap MATTHIAS and VEY. They can share face off duties for their strong side but MATTHIAS is bigger and more responsible on the defensive side than VEY

Yes, on paper. But last season Matthias got several opportunities at C that didn't last long. Makes me think something's up. Especially considering LA let Vey go because of their C depth

Not that I totally trust Torts' evaluations. But still.

$ 1.75m per is an excellent caphit for Kassian. Thats a good deal for Vancouver.

You are always going to have to pay over value with unrestricted free agency, Vancouver did well in adding Miller and Vrbata at what ? .5m - 1m over an ideal caphit on each.

But bringing Kassian back on two years at 1.75m per shows the Canucks are keeping their salaries in check. But also shows Kassians commitment to the team moving forward.

Yes, on paper. But last season Matthias got several opportunities at C that didn't last long. Makes me think something's up. Especially considering LA let Vey go because of their C depth

Not that I totally trust Torts' evaluations. But still.

If Torts was doing the evaluating he'd be asking "who's Vey" and farm club, what's a farm club?

That "goof off" doesn't see any farther than his own nose.

Swap MATTHIAS and VEY. They can share face off duties for their strong side but MATTHIAS is bigger and more responsible on the defensive side than VEY

Vey played in an organization that stresses playing on both sides of the puck and his plus/minus numbers in the AHL have been good.

Archived