The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Canucks re-sign Kassian

Good bridge deal.

Might be a steal in 2015/2016.

I like the short term. 2 years from now we will be making decisions on Vrbata, Miller and our prospects. If Kass continues to trend upwards we will have the space to resign.

I especially like the news about him playing 2nd line with Burr. Like I predicted in an earlier thread ;

Sedin - Sedin - Vrbata

Burrows - Bonino - Kassian

Higgins - Vey - Matthias

Dorsett - Richardson - Hansen

Probably not a cup team but definitely playoffs.

This was the exact deal I wanted Kassian to be signed to, 2 years at $1.75 million. Benning is making all the right moves, I have yet to be upset about a trade or signing that he has made or done.

Now I hope to get Chris Tanev at 2-3 years for $2.5-2.75 million, if Tanev wants $3 million or more then I would be more inclined to trade him.

Dirt cheap for a 14 goal scorer on a crappy team, he could have gotten 2-2.5M easily but this is clearly a bridge contract, which expires when Vbrata's does and when he'll move on. Benning is making some smart signings and moves to go along with this plan. Normally players aren't happy to sign short 2 or 3 year deals but Benning must be masterful at convincing them.

Good bridge deal.Might be a steal in 2015/2016.I like the short term. 2 years from now we will be making decisions on Vrbata, Miller and our prospects. If Kass continues to trend upwards we will have the space to resign.I especially like the news about him playing 2nd line with Burr. Like I predicted in an earlier thread ;Sedin - Sedin - VrbataBurrows - Bonino - KassianHiggins - Vey - MatthiasDorsett - Richardson - HansenProbably not a cup team but definitely playoffs.

Swap MATTHIAS and VEY. They can share face off duties for their strong side but MATTHIAS is bigger and more responsible on the defensive side than VEY

Archived