The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Canucks re-sign Kassian

Yes, on paper. But last season Matthias got several opportunities at C that didn't last long. Makes me think something's up. Especially considering LA let Vey go because of their C depth

Not that I totally trust Torts' evaluations. But still.

LA didn't let him go because of their depth at C. They let him go because his skill set requires a scoring role and there's currently no availability on their roster for him in that role. They also valued a young developmental defenseman more than a seemingly repetitive forward especially now considering the development of Tafoli and Pearson.

Also, there are questions as to if he's even a C at all. He was listed on the Kings as a RW.

Tanev @ doubleish Kassians hit. 3.25-3.5 range. Would pay more, but that's what I think they'll settle on.

I know you are probably right but it still hurts me . ugh he just plays too small to get that much . I guess there isn't really a better option at this point

So Canucks only have Tanev and Vey to sign with 4 million left in cap space. With Vey and Tanev needed to be signed.

Canucks have $ 6,200,556.00 in cap space after the Kassian signing.

More than enough to sign Tanev, Vey as well as have a little room left over.

How much you think that Tanev will fetch ?

I think the ideal number for the team would be closer to $ 2.5m per over say two years, but if Tanev is going to go two years and still be RFA after next deal, then that number would be $ 3m + IMO.

I could see a 3 or 4 year deal, Vancouver gives up RFA but Tanev's demand comes down a little. Maybe 4 yrs @ 3.25m per ?

Canucks now also have $5,000,556 in cap space to sign Tanev, Vey, and Weber. Will be very interesting to see how that breaks down and if it can fit under the cap.

My guess is JB wants Tanev to sign 2 years x $2.5 mill per. Vey at 2 years x $1.5 mill per. With that, have $1,000,556 in cap, sign Weber to $900K and have a few hundred thousand dollars of cap space.

Canucks now also have $5,000,556 in cap space to sign Tanev, Vey, and Weber. Will be very interesting to see how that breaks down and if it can fit under the cap.

My guess is JB wants Tanev to sign 2 years x $2.5 mill per. Vey at 2 years x $1.5 mill per. With that, have $1,000,556 in cap, sign Weber to $900K and have a few hundred thousand dollars of cap space.

We will be over the roster limit at that point meaning someone's salary would have to come off the books, Markstrom?

We will be over the roster limit at that point meaning someone's salary would have to come off the books, Markstrom?

Thus the $ 6.2m number I posted not long ago.

Utica looking kind of sick, specialy with Markstrom/Ericsson assuming Markstrom can go down and wont get taken off Waivers ?

Archived