The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Canucks re-sign Kassian

And even if he has the same production, that's a good deal.

new coach will give him a real places on the team he will destroy last season's numbers . Just replay that goal against Pittsburg over and over... Plus the game against buffalo. That was ok also. But I agree with the other guy above he was one of our best players the last 15-20 games last season

Sedin-Sedin-Vrbata

Jensen-Bonino-Kassian

Higgins-Vey-Burrows

Matthias-Richardson-Dorsett

Hansen gone

Hamhuis-Tanev

Edler-Bieksa

Stanton-Sbisa

Miller

Lack

pretty solid line-up IMO. Kassian could be a 20 goal, 40-50 point scorer.

I don't get why people put Mathias on the wing. He's the big bodied, 3rd line c-man missing since manny left.

I don't get why people put Mathias on the wing. He's the big bodied, 3rd line c-man missing since manny left.

because he sucks in the faceoff circle and his game is far better suited to playing the wing.

This is a great signing. Good value for the Canucks, nice raise for Kassian, keeps him an RFA again next go round, and gives the Canucks some wiggle room.

Now they need to sign Tanev to a similar 2 year deal for 2.5 mil or under. Sorry to say but he is expendable at anything over that for the next two years. If he wants more, package him up with Hansen/Burrows/Higgins/Markstrom or Lack to get a top 6 winger and/or a puck moving dman that can play with Edler or a guy like Tyler Myers.

Archived