The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Ducks sign Dany Heatley

I thought that, then They just go out and dump Perreault and lose Bonino. Kesler is good, but I think they downgraded offensively.

Doubtful. Kesler will be the tipping point for the Ducks this year. If he can stay healthy, I would expect a very good year from him.

Will have to see if their new additions help the team or just make the team look good 'on paper'

I'd have to agree. They overachieved last year, and we'll see how their locker room holds up with these additions.

I think the scary part is that Anaheim still has just over 12 million in cap space for this upcoming season.

This low risk/high reward signing of Heatley at 1 million just adds to their depth, while still giving them plenty of space to add more salary at the deadline if they really want to go all out. On top of that they have a plethora of young prospects to make those trades happen.

He could barely crack the lineup on a young, upcoming, but not terribly deep Minnesota team. It's a decent deal at $1 million, but he'll need sheltered minutes on the PP and playing with a play driving center 5 on 5 wouldn't hurt either.

Yeah, 12 goals and -18 playing 15 sheltered minutes a night - is not a 'steal' no matter what the price is.

-18 was by far the worst on the Wild - only a couple of other players on the minus side at all. Still one of the premier floaters in the NHL.

Horrible two way player, and his upside.... 284th in the NHL in pp60. Wow - Anaheim is sure going to be....no better with Heatley than they were without him.

For a million dollars, this is a very good signing. To the Canucks fans bashing Heatley, watch him easily outperform Vrbata (who everyone seems to think will just be pure gold with the Sedins).

Good value, sure, because it lowers the risk to almost nothing if he doesn't perform. They can waive him or do whatever. Since Heatley had half as many points as Vrbata last year, I'll hold off on speculating he could outperform Vrbata for now.

He's the Bonino replacement.

A slow defensively suspect player with great hands, can get 10-12 sheltered minutes a night & 1st unit PP time with Getzlaf & Perry.

20 goals & 40-50 points on the cheap.

good signing for the Ducks.

Wouldn't of been a good signing with the Canucks.

For a million dollars, this is a very good signing. To the Canucks fans bashing Heatley, watch him easily outperform Vrbata (who everyone seems to think will just be pure gold with the Sedins).

is that a joke? Heatley out producing Vrbata? C'mon man. Heater's days are behind him

Judging by the butthurt peopld regarding my heatley joke that everyone was thinking anyways....... I WIN THE INTERNET!!!!!!

LOL.you should just spend your time telling others what they can say, you're better at that.

Schooooooools out

for

summer!

Yeah, 12 goals and -18 playing 15 sheltered minutes a night - is not a 'steal' no matter what the price is.

-18 was by far the worst on the Wild - only a couple of other players on the minus side at all. Still one of the premier floaters in the NHL.

Horrible two way player, and his upside.... 284th in the NHL in pp60. Wow - Anaheim is sure going to be....no better with Heatley than they were without him.

Wasn't Anaheim already a poor puck possession / Corsi team? Driven with a kwirkily high shooting %?

Not sure adding Heatley helps either.

Archived