The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Columbus Blue Jackets extend Brandon Dubinsky

Plum

Solid. He's a fierce player and gives it his all. Pretty much does everything. A bit too much money but other than that it's pretty good.

....wonder how much Ryan Johansen will seek now after seeing this :huh:

I have think Johansen will want equal to or more than Dubinksy. He will get a little less money than he would through arbitration and a lot more term. IMO.

Dont see him enough to judge.

Iam gonna say 5 was what he was worth tho

so... you dont see him enough to judge...but somehow you think he's worth almsot 1 mil less than what he was signed.....base on....what?

I swear... some people on cdc has a habit of deducting 1-2 mil whenever a player is signed and claim that's their true value...It doesn't matter how much they were signed for... it should always be 1-2 mil less to them.

5.8 for dubinsky is a pretty fair deal. Not a discount, but fair. He bought so much more than just points. It's the term that is a bit long to my taste.. a lot of things can happen with his play style once he's pass 30

so... you dont see him enough to judge...but somehow you think he's worth almsot 1 mil less than what he was signed.....base on....what?

I swear... some people on cdc has a habit of deducting 1-2 mil whenever a player is signed and claim that's their true value...It doesn't matter how much they were signed for... it should always be 1-2 mil less to them.

5.8 for dubinsky is a pretty fair deal. Not a discount, but fair. He bought so much more than just points. It's the term that is a bit long to my taste.. a lot of things can happen with his play style once he's pass 30

:rolleyes:

5.8 mil for 15 goals last year yea fair deal in what universe

I don't think it's that laughable. 2nd overall in points (for forwards) only to Johanssen and plays the game tough. Horton's contract sucks compared to this and wait till you see Kesler's next contract

Some folks didn't get the memo about inflation and the cap rising. Or apparently about the Kane/Toews signings.

1st line players are going to start going for $8m-12m folks. Second liners from $4m-$8m. The money isn't terribly out of line (though the length is a bit steep IMO for the style of game he plays).

Besides, anything that makes them even slightly more likely to need to move Johansen, the better IMO :P

:rolleyes:

5.8 mil for 15 goals last year yea fair deal in what universe

in the universe where the cap is raising every year and inflation exists, or the universe where Kane and Toew can demand almost 11 mil a year. O wait that's our universe.

Which universe did you come from? Peanutland?

People who has no idea what inflation and cap hit is should not comment on how much money a player make in the NHL

First, people here NEED to realize that the cap has increased significantly. 3 years ago, yeah, Dubinsky isn't worth close to $6M. However, this isn't 3+ years ago. Dubinsky also had 6 points in 6 playoff games for the Blue Jackets last year, so it's not as if he hasn't picked up his game when it's been necessary.

Lastly, if Clarkson gets $5.25M for his awful play, Dubinsky should receive roughly the same for his consistently good play.

First, people here NEED to realize that the cap has increased significantly. 3 years ago, yeah, Dubinsky isn't worth close to $6M. However, this isn't 3+ years ago. Dubinsky also had 6 points in 6 playoff games for the Blue Jackets last year, so it's not as if he hasn't picked up his game when it's been necessary.

Lastly, if Clarkson gets $5.25M for his awful play, Dubinsky should receive roughly the same for his consistently good play.

You can get a cheaper and a better player for 5.25 million and if he went to FA I bet he'd get the same amount (5.25). I didn't expect him to get market value from the team he's played for the last 2 years. He isn't anything special to get this much money regardless of where the cap is at. He also got a no movement clause for the first 3 years and a limited NTC for the last 3 years.

I would expect around 4-4.5 million and not a NMC/limited NTC.

Dubinsky is a great player but the jackets overspent. Brad Richards is getting paid less than at 2 mill and he looks to be a steal for the Hawks

That's an apples to oranges comparison. Richards can't keep up anymore, AND he needs sheltered minutes to produce. Dubinsky plays hard minutes and produces.

That's what it costs folks if you want to keep a guy who scores 50 points, is one of your most reliable players on the pk and pp, throws 234 hits, faces the strongest quality of competition among your forwards, goes 52.9% in the faceoff circle, has very strong underlying numbers, is +13 in takeaways/giveaways, and gets only 45% offensive zone starts.

Guy is a work horse.

It's a bit much, but hell...

They still have $15 mill in cap space left with which to sign Johansen and save up to nurture the rest of their budding stars into the line up. And Johansen, nor Jenner will have the freedom to play without having to match up to guys like Lucic, or pairs like Getzlaf / Perry.

Up and coming team IMO.

Archived