The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Sedin-Sedin-Vrbata

Outsiders

Is Vrbata the player the sedin's have been waiting for. Everyone always said the sedin's need the bonifide goal scorer to play along Side them to make them elite. What's your thoughts. Does Vrbata make the sedin's PPG players again? Does Vrbata score over 30 goals ?

Very uncomfortable with a 1st line that soft.

They will get WRECKED with how the west is stacking up this year.

Meh. If they're putting up points it's not that big of an issue. If it is then this is where a trade for an Evander Kane or Andrew Ladd makes so much sense.

Sedin - Sedin - Vrbata

E. Kane/Ladd - Bonino - Kassian

Higgins - Horvat - Burrows

Matthias/Richardson - Vey - Dorsett

1st line for scoring, 2nd line for wearing the opponent down while putting up 15-25+ goals each.

I do have a good feeling about Vrbata and the twins. I don't see the Sedins getting back to 90+ points again, but 75+ is within reach if Vrbata clicks. Vrbata could get 25-35 depending on how well things work out.

We can just send out Juice and/or Edler on the back end to support them and they'll be some physical protection.

Resonable numbers:

Daniel scores 23 goals and 37 assists =60 points.

Henrik scores 20 goals and 48 assists= 68 points

Radim scores 28 goals and 30 assists = 58 points

Burrows scores 20 goals and 15 assists= 35 points

Bonino scores 20 goals and 30 assists= 50 points

Kassian scores 23 goals and 26 assists= 49 points

This is how the top 6 should be. Well at least I hope so. But the first line getting most of our goals/clutch goals.

Meh. If they're putting up points it's not that big of an issue. If it is then this is where a trade for an Evander Kane or Andrew Ladd makes so much sense.

Sedin - Sedin - Vrbata

1st line for scoring, 2nd line for wearing the opponent down while putting up 15-25+ goals each.

I like how you see things.

Sedin - Sedin - Vrbata

If we can't get Ladd or Kane, then Mattias really wouldn't be a bad choice for that spot. I have no doubt he can put up 15-25 points in a season, and the man is 6'4, 220+ pounds. That's bigger than Kassian.

Pretty much this.

People , including the media, seem to play the Sedin's up as being able to play with anyone successfully. When in reality that is far from being the case. As skilled as the Sedin's are, it was very difficult for us to find a suitable player to play with them. I think Vrbata is a good fit for them on paper, but who is going to forecheck hard for them and dig pucks out of corners? I think they have the potential to be an amazing PP unit, but they will struggle in 5 on 5 play. Although we won't be a lottery team this year, I think we're going to be very lucky to be a wildcard team. A lot of things have to go absolutely perfectly in order for us to be a fringe contender in the west.

Yes we changed our forward group, but as weak as our forwards were, our transition game from the back end is what really killed us. We sorely lack a true offensive defenseman that can skate and drive the play. Current management seems to think Edler can be that guy, but we all know that Edler does not possess the skill set to fill this role. I'm a huge Edler fan, but I'm objective and see his limitations. The fact that the new managment hasn't seen this is very troubling IMO.

Resonable numbers:

This is how the top 6 should be. Well at least I hope so. But the first line getting most of our goals/clutch goals.

Amen

Resonable numbers:

I like how you have more faith in burrows and Kassian stepping up than the two all time leading scorers in the history of the Canucks.

This forums lack of respect to the Sedins is disgusting.

Oh and when was the last time Henrik scored more goals than Daniel?? Nineteen ninety never

I have being in hockey pools for almost 20 years now. Vrbata has been one of the most underrated and under the radar players for the last 7 or 8 years. He is a goal scorer but he also has a good overall game. At this point he may be better than the twins, yes most definitely their line will improve and could get back to a point per game pace. Excellent signing, possibly better than Iginla who is slowing down.

When the game gets ignorant I bet Willy will put Kassian on the twins wing. The opposition d-men are not the problem its the rats that like to cheap shot them from behind that are. Kassian settles the game down when he plays with the Sedins.

I get so sick of people calling the twins soft. They are far from soft, kassian is actually a softer player then they are. They are not hitters but they are always willing to go head to head with bigger players battle them on the boards and come away with the puck.

Archived