The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

DJ Dav...er uh, I mean DJ's Jay Swing & Marlon J English!

TheRussianRocket.

Remember all the complaints about DJ Dave and how boring the music at the games used to be? Well uh, the voices were heard and we have ourselves a new DJ...change sure is coming, in every fashion imaginable.

@TheStanchion:

Guys, I don't want to jinx anything, but DJ Dave is bringing it in the pre-season so far. No AC/DC yet. This is amazing.

@blakeprice1040:

@TheStanchion new DJ, not Dave. they replaced him

@TheStanchion:

@blakeprice1040 Oh snap!

@TheStanchion:

@blakeprice1040 @JaySwing I tip my hat to you good sir, great work tonight so far

@TheStanchion:

Biggest move in the off-season? @JaySwing is the new Canucks in house DJ.

@JaySwing:

Thx - It's both myself and @MarlonJEnglish DJing! "@TheStanchion: Biggest move in the off-season? @JaySwing is the new Canucks in house DJ.

marlon j english retweeted

@SlowJamSundays:

Look at who's sitting at his new desk.. @marlonjenglish 1/2 of #sjs DJs and now 1/2 of the new in

1963196_1470848593189879_348691483_n.jpg

@JaySwing:

View from the new gig. @MarlonJEnglish #Canucks

10684346_1484715211783924_2106035151_n.j

@JaySwing:

#Canucks (We're With You)

926522_1480511118884075_905331345_n.jpg

@JaySwing:

Work.

10665420_849189461771378_41404601_n.jpg

Well, this is only a positive and a big upgrade. Welcome to the new guys!

http://forums.euw.leagueoflegends.com/board/attachment.php?attachmentid=143344&d=1379369651

Good news!!!

Jay knows his music history and likes a wide range of stuff. He needs to be careful not to go too hip hop and I'm a big fan when I say that. But it is a fact that not everyone in this city who is a Canucks fan is.

Also....Jay....sign up here and come say 'Hi.' It's a good way to get a pulse of what's working and what isn't.

Eh....I'm not stoked if this guy has been brought in to give the music a more "contemporary" feel.

Hockey lends it's self to a certain type of music, there's not getting away from that.

I saw a poster linked "Shut em' down" by Public Enemy, one of my favorite songs and fave bands....and that one track MIGHT work ....but....

80's Butt-rock and straight up organ is really hockey music. "Think heavy metal parking lot"

Hockey is the only sport that runs away from it's identity, like it's ashamed of it.

Wasn't a fan of DJ Dave, his music selection and stupid pre recorded crap was annoying! Hopefully this will be a change for the better.

Miss this kinda stuff though, now that's hockey!

I miss the organist at the old Coliseum. Anyone remember hearing him play The Poor People of Paris at the games?

Good news!!!

Jay knows his music history and likes a wide range of stuff. He needs to be careful not to go too hip hop and I'm a big fan when I say that. But it is a fact that not everyone in this city who is a Canucks fan is.

Also....Jay....sign up here and come say 'Hi.' It's a good way to get a pulse of what's working and what isn't.

Dave didn't make enough use of this forum as a feedback section...if someone requests a song, you play it and humour them.

The "make some noise" was actually an effective way to get a dead crowd to liven up. Some hated it but you do what you have to...just sad that it takes that to get this lame crowd going. Dave served us well for a long time so I'll wish him well...was just played out.

Archived