The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Bo Horvat to make NHL debut versus Colorado

TheRussianRocket.

My point would be what if he's fantastic in the face-off dot? If that was the case wouldn't it be really hard to send him back to junior since that's an issue with our club right now?

reports are he hasn't been very good at all in the dot down in Utica

Hopefully his 0 points in 4 games in the AHL will translate into the NHL :bigblush:

Yeah because he should of had 43828228 points by now otherwise he's a bust according to some on CDC.

Bo in the lineup tomorrow night..?..I'm stoked if he does get in the lineup..obviously not expecting a ton,but it would be cool to see his dominance in the dot.

I think they'll probably want to get him into a practice first.

Doubt we see him tomorrow.

When Toastie was benched in the 3rd, Kassian took his shift with Vey-Dorsett. For me that has the makings of a good line. Then you can insulate Horvat on the "3rd" with Richardson and Matthias till Burrows is back. Then maybe Matthias the odd man out.

Yeah because he should of had 43828228 points by now otherwise he's a bust according to some on CDC.

If the point is that it is way to early to assess Horvat's long run potential that is true.

But if the question is whether he has shown he deserved to be on the Canucks now, the answer is no.

He probably will get a look, but I expect him to be sent back to London.

We all like Bo but,let's face it, we were expecting more when the Canucks traded Schneider to get him. Quite a few other guys from his draft class have already done quite a lot more.

Jeff Paterson@patersonjeff 14s14 seconds ago

Bo Horvat not in the Utica line-up tonight. #Canucks debut tomorrow perhaps?

Solid. Never knew he was held out last night. Nucks probably want him to play today verse the Preds before they face off against the Pacific juggernauts. Smart move imo.

I hope you are right. I read a bunch of forum posts from all across the web and I can't find the specific answer outside of opinion or interpretation. If we can use him sparingly until the World Jrs that would be best case scenario...in my opinion anyway.

He has to DRESS for 9 games period before they decided if they want to keep him. Now they could keep him beyond the 9 games he played and still send him back to Jr. That's when his first year of his contract would kick in . Now they could keep him until the 40 game mark. If they return him to Jr after the 39th game that will not count as an accrued season toward Ufa at 25 years of age. Hope that helps.

It doesn't make sense for him not to play for Utica last night.

He was sent there to play and get some experience not to sit and watch.

It's easy enough to say they're saving him to play tonight against Nashville but doesn't seem realistic to me.

Maybe he was on an airplane.

IMHO it seems like a bit of a slap in the face of the prospect in Utica who are producing and yet overlooked by management because Horvat is only 19 years of age. That's his only redeeming feauture so far. It's either the NHL or Junior. Players such as Gaunce, Jensen and Grenier can out perform him but he gets the carrot..they get the stick

Archived