The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Confirmed: Horvat will stay with Canucks

hockeyville88

WJC is overrated. If he's contributing to the teams success, he won't be going anywhere

Wouldn't say that WJC is over-rated, but he's already been there, done that. And who knows, if Bo doesn't play in the WJC, it may open up a spot for Jared McCann or Cole Cassels (though it's likely he's a lock for the US team).

One thing for sure, Bo is deserving of his NHL assignment and he's a valuable asset the Canucks need in their lineup.

Wouldn't say that WJC is over-rated, but he's already been there, done that. And who knows, if Bo doesn't play in the WJC, it may open up a spot for Jared McCann or Cole Cassels (though it's likely he's a lock for the US team).

One thing for sure, Bo is deserving of his NHL assignment and he's a valuable asset the Canucks need in their lineup.

It's great for young aspiring players, but Bo's made the NHL. What good would a massive step down in competition do for his game?

Congrats BO

Well deserved and you worked hard for it. It's amazing to see him improve his skating so much in one off season and it's exciting to see where he'll be in 2-3 years. He could be a star player, not elite superstar but a very good player that will fall under the spotlight because he's not as flashy.

He really didn't leave them much choice! He's more than holding his own in the NHL, he's defensively sound, and he's learning more.

Was nice to see them trust him on the ice near the end of the game the other night, working the defensive zone.

I'm not sure we would have beaten Chicago without him taking the draws that he did!

Hansen, Dorsett and Horvat seem to have really found a rhythm together. They have good speed and all are really capable of handling the puck and not afraid to go where they need to to score!

Very exciting for Bo and the team. Just hope the Canucks continue to develop him in the same manner they did with Smyl so many seasons ago.

Interesting parallel, especially since Smyl has likely been the main driving force inside the organization for keeping Horvat in the NHL this season. He went on the record as early as this summer saying that this was the best development choice for both the player and the team, and he hasn't wavered in his support for Horvat at any point during the past months.

Good on Bo for proving himself deserving of the faith Steamer put in the kid's abilities and readiness.

Well deserved.

"Everything he got he earned. Lots of factors went into decision, but ultimately he's played really well." - Desjardins on Horvat staying

"If I didn't know he was 19 years old, I'd think he's already played 10 years in the league." - Dorsett on Horvat staying

"We were really excited. He had a good camp and has played really well. We look forward to many years with him." - Burrows on Horvat staying

"It was a pretty special moment. That's something I won't forget." - Horvat

I'm super excited for Bo. Who knows if this could escalate the team to a true contender or not, but I feel comfortable with him on the ice every shift of the game (Something I cannot say the same about for players like Vey and Matthais.)

Another interesting tidbit is that Cannata has been brought up to Utica. Can anyone confirm if there is an injury to Marky or Eriksson?

Archived