The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Canucks vs Red Wings | Jan.3,2015 | 7 PM PST | CBC

Gyllenhaal

Two teams floating around the .500 mark their last 10 games.

Canucks are 4-4 on Saturday night games. 3 of those wins coming against the Oilers.

Lost 5-3 in Detroit last time these two teams met, in a game the Canucks fell behind by two early and kept fighting to get back within one, but could never pull even.

Top Canuck that night was Linden Vey with 2G, 1A. He'll probably being watching this one.

At just 9-6-1 at home so far, the Canucks will be in tough to find wins during this 5-game homestand.

I'd love to see Kass play this game, the teams been lacking some feisty-ness.

Scratch Bonino

Sedin-Sedin-Vrbata

Higgins-Richardson-Hansen

Matthias-Vey-Kassian

Burrows-Horvat-Dorsett

Would also like to see Bobby Sangunetti(sp?) play in place of weber.

#Canucks practice lines: 22-33-17, 20-13-36, 27-15-9, 14-53-51 (extra 7) 23-8, 5-6, 18-25

Desjardins said "jury is still out" on Kassian and what he brings to the table. "There's been moments when he's played real well" #Canucks

Bieksa took a maintenance day and "should be good." #Canucks

Who's that guy who told me not long ago that our 7 pt cushion on the 9th place team was a comfortable lead? Now the Canucks are tied for 6th with 3 other teams, one of which will be 9th. But we do have 2 or 3 games in hand on the other teams.

I believe we will beat the Wings and make a move up the standings. Canucks win 4-2. But we will need scoring from all the lines.

Noice! Good to see that 3rd line reunited.

Hopefully it's a 60 minute effort tomorrow. We have to turn this around. Detroit is small and easily intimidated. We have to throw some clean hits and the them out of the game early.

Although... I'm sure we'll get a penalty against us even if the hits are clean.

Here's to hoping we have more than 6 seconds of power play time!

Can't see the Canucks pulling their asses out of this fire. Instead of calling out Kassian, it would be refreshing if Desjardins grew a pair and called out the severely underperforming top six for their play as of late.

Preferential treatment is never good for business.

The Wings are the masters of the subtle hook and slashes, this one will end in the 3rd or OT for the Wings.

Is that not Euro hockey at its best?

And something picked up on to a new art form by Yank Chris Higgins and in particular Alex Burrows. Or is their problem they are just not quite subtle enough?? <_<

#Canucks practice lines: 22-33-17, 20-13-36, 27-15-9, 14-53-51 (extra 7) 23-8, 5-6, 18-25

Desjardins said "jury is still out" on Kassian and what he brings to the table. "There's been moments when he's played real well" #Canucks

Bieksa took a maintenance day and "should be good." #Canucks

I'm excited!

Wonder if Richardson's line will see a lot of the Z & D line???

Archived