The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Rumour: TSN Radio - Habs trading for Patrick Sharp

Hawks management has their dynasty movement down pat. Don't waste time waiting for guys to age and lose value, deal em when they're ripe and acquire NHL ready youngers in the bargain... makes me sad that we're still clinging onto the likes of Hansen, Higgins, Bieksa, etc.

they would of traded him when he was 32 and scored 31g. They are only trading him cuz Hossa's contract sucks and the cap is going to be the same or worse and need to shed cap for the 10m dollar players kane, Toews

I don't like that deal for the Habs, and I don't like the idea of those two young - hard to play against - players going to Chicago.

Hope there's nothing to this.

Eller is a hell of a two way center - outstanding underlying numbers - and 54.4% in the faceoff circle.

39.2% ozone starts, +10 finishes with his share of upside. His production is tempered by his situational use imo..

I would not be moving him, and Tinordi - who is only 22 years old, so folks should hold up on pretending he's underachieving because he hasn't commanded a role on the Habs - for Sharp, at 4.9 million, at this stage of his career. Eller at 3.5 is a solid deal over four years imo - and if I'm the Habs, I'm not looking to get easier to play against.

I like the Habs and hate the Hawks - may this deal not happen.

I don't like that deal for the Habs, and I don't like the idea of those two young - hard to play against - players going to Chicago.

Hope there's nothing to this.

For a team like Montreal that wants to go all in it makes sense. Sharp IMO would put them over the top.

For a team like Montreal that wants to go all in it makes sense. Sharp IMO would put them over the top.

Yep. And if this "rumour" is true, that's a very very very low price they're paying for a guy like Sharp. Still can't believe it. Need a link or something to confirm it lol.

they would of traded him when he was 32 and scored 31g. They are only trading him cuz Hossa's contract sucks and the cap is going to be the same or worse and need to shed cap for the 10m dollar players kane, Toews

I'm fairly certain Sharp was a top six player for them prior to this year and they were banking on the cap rising, which it hasn't cause our dollar blows monkey chunks. The emergence of Saad and the reaquisition of Versteeg has made Sharp expendable, so regardless of contract issues I think Sharp was a goner. 6 mill cap isn't unreasonable for a guy of his skills if he plays second line minutes, but he isn't because he's buried under their insane depth. So, get what you can for him and keep chugging along.

Why would CHI want another C?

Toews

Richards

Shaw

Kruger

Richards is 34 and had a hot start but has been hot garbage since the start of 2015.

Doesn't make sense for Chicago. If they are to trade Sharp, they should do it in the off-season, not right before another potential deep playoff run.

Makes sense - they need another center, and Tinordi could be a decent #7 or #8 in a long playoff run

If that were the case then Hossa would have been traded already.

Yeah, no, the Hawks are not the same team without him.

The word beast should really be reserved for players like Hossa.

Hard to believe the guy could still be under-rated.

42 points, 47 takeaways (+28) - faces the strongest quality of competition on the Hawks - while 19 guys get higher offensive zone starts.

Sharp on the other hand is slipping to the edge of their top 6 - while still getting 70% ozone starts - 2nd highest to Rundblad among regulars - and 19 strongest qoc. He is a -10 on a team full of plus players - only a role guy like Shaw even comes close. He's still a serious threat, but imo that price is too high.

I think the writing may be on the wall with the likes of Saad, Teravainen....

If i'm the Habs, I'm not offering a pair of young assets like Eller and Tinordi for him.

Hawks management has their dynasty movement down pat. Don't waste time waiting for guys to age and lose value, deal em when they're ripe and acquire NHL ready youngers in the bargain... makes me sad that we're still clinging onto the likes of Hansen, Higgins, Bieksa, etc.

you realize that all 3 of those players have NTCs right...?

I dont understand how so many people fail to understand what a NTC/NMC can do to a players trade value...as if Luongo and Kesler weren't proof enough.

Our scouting sucked D for so long it's expected.

Archived