The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Trade Deadline Favorite Memories

S N Y P E R S 7

Most recently Higgins and Lapierre. All time for me in my lifetime? Courtnall, Ronning, Momesso, Dirk. Can't remember if that was a deadline trade though as I was 10 and likely didn't know what a deadline was at that point.

Brown and Hedican. We go nowhere in 94 without them.

And Lafayette with his 9 points and a goal post. Not to mention snagging Gelinas off of waivers a month or so earlier.

The best trade Quinn ever made was actually an RFA signing that blew up in St. Louis' face. Not only did they lose their allstar PP quarterback and one of the fastest skating D men of that era, but they alienated Janney as well.

Airlifting those 2 into the lineup without losing anything off the roster gave the Canucks one of the best D corps in the league.

About that Pahlsson deal... he was traded for 2 4th round picks, which ended up being Taylor Leier and Josh Anderson. I don't know how those two will turn out but they were on Cananda's WJC roster in 2013-14

ok there but that's not a memory, that's hindsight/buzzkill.

in hindsight - they're decent AHL prospects, but still relative longshots imo.

Pahlsson was one hell of a player though - his line was the Canuck's best in his time here, if they weren't so banged up he could have really helped a playoff push imo.

one Lafayette post away.

that was epic - not so much a deadline deal as coincidental timing, but buh bye Nedved, never really was a fan.

that was one hell of a recovery from a mispent 2nd overall pick.

the Canucks really fleeced St Louis (and "the Professor") more than once.

Courtnall, Ronning, Momesso, Dirk and a 5th for Butcher and Quinn was one of the best deals in franchise history, perhaps as good as the Naslund deal.

ok there but that's not a memory, that's hindsight/buzzkill.

in hindsight - they're decent AHL prospects, but still relative longshots imo.

Pahlsson was one hell of a player though - his line was the Canuck's best in his time here, if they weren't so banged up he could have really helped a playoff push imo.

I think Pahlsson even scored in the playoffs too. Would've been a lot better if we'd had him longer, and if we hadn't traded Cody while he was performing well, but ah well. I did like Pahlsson though.

I didn't like the timing of that trade. That could have been an off season trade as we needed an immediate impact during the cup run and at that point, Hodgson was more accomplished or we could have potentially acquired a more impactful immediate player

For us yes, but it takes two for a deal to happen. Buffalo was in the playoff hunt still and needed a center. They put Kassian out there saying they wanted a young center in return. They were not waiting until off-season. Sometimes when what you're looking for comes available you have to make the move whether it's the most convenient time or not.

Also, based on Cody's regular season production pace, he would have scored one goal against LA. Well Pahlsson, his replacement, scored one goal and Cody is nowhere near the defensive player Pahlsson was. The notion Cody would have been a difference maker against LA is pure fantasy.

Edit: Btw, the Kassian/Hodgson deal is my favorite deadline deal. It was last minute and I burst out laughing knowing cdc would implode.

Archived