The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[TRADE] Vermette to Chicago for Dahlbeck, 1st

Nice to see the former Champs in the West giving up their 1sts in this draft.

I mean, Chicago can afford to give up a first. They have a stacked pool of prospects.

Good deal for both teams. Especially for Ari.

Don't see this one working out for the Hawks.

Even if it gets them one round farther it's bound to hurt them in the long run.

In the last couple weeks they've lost Dahlback, Erixon (likely), and Clendening. Not to mention a pick in this years deep draft.

Needless to say, their D prospect cupboard just got destroyed.

So are the Hawks without both their 1st and 2nd in this draft?

I know the popular opinion is that the Hawks will be out early without Kane, but adding Vermette and Timonen IMO gives them a legitimate chance to go deep.

Also a little disappointed Vermette was traded already, was hoping for at least some big names to be around on march 2nd.

In the last couple weeks they've lost Dahlback, Erixon (likely), and Clendening. Not to mention a pick in this years deep draft.

Nah they still stacked. They can afford to make these trades for a reason

I mean, Chicago can afford to give up a first. They have a stacked pool of prospects.

Good deal for both teams. Especially for Ari.

If there prospect pool is so stacked, why aren't they drawing from it?

I think the quality of their prospect pool is not only overstated, but depleting by the day - as is their pool of picks.

They have a couple prospects I'd value highly, and a fair amount of meh.

Yeah I agree. Way too much to give up for Vermette. He could get 4-5 million easy on the open market, so I doubt Chicago will have cap space to re-sign him.

I could stomach the deal if it didn't include both a first round pick and a prospect. This draft could have career NHLers from 1-30, bad year to blow a pick IMO.

So now that they have Vermette maybe they look to make the deal with Washington sending Sharp there?

Joel Ward was rumored to be coming back as a part of the deal, could be a bigger body for the top 6 in the playoffs and will help Shed some Cap space for next year and possibly look at Re-signing Vermette long term ?

Archived