The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[TRADE] Vermette to Chicago for Dahlbeck, 1st

Forsling has potential, but lets be realistic, he's a long shot to make the NHL.

Clendening is in the NHL and playing quite solidly.

Oduya is 32, Rozsival is 35, and Timmonen is 39. They just dumped 3 NHL ready D-men under the age of 25 in the last two weeks. Not to mention their first 2 picks in a very deep draft.

It's gonna come back to bite them, just wait and see.

The only defenseman that I would say was NHL ready was Clendening. Erixon has been in the Hawks line-up the last few games and the only thing he's shown he is ready to do at the NHL level is turn the puck over and get beat to the outside by anyone with above average speed. He's been brutal, and the Hawks are like the fourth team in his young career to give up on him.

As for Dahlbeck, not really sure. I've only seen four Icehogs games this year but he's never really been noticeable. Just curious, how many Rockford Icehogs games have you watched this year to know that Klas Dahlbeck is NHL ready?

I wonder if Chicago will end up restocking the cupboard with picks and prospects by moving one of Kane or Toews next year. They will take a step back either way and this makes it so they can fit a competitive team under the cap.

I know it's a radical solution but it could be done if the cap goes down.

I wonder if Chicago will end up restocking the cupboard with picks and prospects by moving one of Kane or Toews next year. They will take a step back either way and this makes it so they can fit a competitive team under the cap.

No, but if they choose to keep Vermette next year, they'll have to ship out Pat Sharp. Good news for them, Teravainen can probably take over.

You can if you have a crop of young players on ELC's that are ready to step in and fill the gaps. The argument I'm making right now.

Does anyone really think the Hawks have a better shot at the cup than they have in previous years with their best scorer out for pretty much the rest of the season?

Firstly, the Hawks 2 best d-man prospects are Pokka and Johns.

Secondly, better shot? No, but the same chance of when the won 2 recent Stanley Cups are within reason.

LOL, wonder no more, zero chance of that happening.

Toews, Kane, Saad, Hossa, Versteeg and TT are certainly in the top echelon of the NHL.

Yeah, but take Kane out and add, I don't know, Brad Richards or Ben Smith. That's what they've got until the 3rd Rd. of playoffs if they trade Sharp - if they make it that far.

I would bet CHI's d corps get pretty bad pretty quick given their age.

We still have some good your defensive prospects. Johns and/or Pokka will see some time in the NHL next season. Rundblad isn't the best but he's been slowing improving and he's still young. TVR is young and shown to be very solid I'm his limited number of games. Plus, the Hawks will have to purge some salary this summer and they'll get picks and or prospects back.

Good trade for Chicago because they are going all in. Trading Sharp in the off-season will get them some assets back that they gave up.

I'm wondering if this is the beginning of the end for Chicago? Assuming Sharp is gone, their top 6 doesn't look too strong. They'll need another guy like Saad coming through, maybe Teravainen breaks through, Schmaltz, McNeill or Danault.

The club views TT as a top 6 forward, right now there just is no room for the rookie. But next season there will be. The Hawks are taking their time with Teravainen and they like what they see. It's a possibility he get dealt but I think it's unlikely. We don't have too many top 6 prospect. There's TT and Schmaltz, but the latter is a few years away. I'm excited to see what TT can do, but who would he replace in the top 6 or top 9 (even with Kane out):

Saad-Toews-Hossa

Sharp-Richards-Versteeg

Bickell-Vermette-Shaw

The club views TT as a top 6 forward, right now there just is no room for the rookie. But next season there will be. The Hawks are taking their time with Teravainen and they like what they see. It's a possibility he get dealt but I think it's unlikely. We don't have too many top 6 prospect. There's TT and Schmaltz, but the latter is a few years away. I'm excited to see what TT can do, but who would he replace in the top 6 or top 9 (even with Kane out):

Saad-Toews-Hossa

Sharp-Richards-Versteeg

Bickell-Vermette-Shaw

Yeah well this season he probably won't get much time unless someone like Shaw, Bickell or Sharp go to the 4th line. I was talking about next season that Sharp will need to be replaced because he's pretty much gone unless they trade someone else like Hossa or Seabrook which is unlikely. Teravainen/Versteeg might be that guy to slot in the 2nd line with Richards and Kane next season. I think Bickell might get traded aswell because of his big caphit so a 3rd line around Shaw will need to filled up aswell.

I think with the cap problems coming to Chicago they might be lacking some depth next season.

Archived