The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Leafs @ Canucks

-Vintage Canuck-

He threw a punch at Phaneuf, and pretty much manhandled a ref while trying to get at him.

I saw that, but was unsure if that was the reason. I've seen worse and thought maybe it was some more leaf biased game management.

I have to say the penalty shot was a pretty weak call imo. . Sure there was the stick in the hip, but the tap on the hands wasn't much. I didn't think it warranted a penalty shot, but I could see 2 mins in the box.

It would probably be better if he actually understood hockey at all. Half the time he comes across like he has never even watched a game in his life let alone ever played it even in minor hockey.

George: "So when you take a faceoff you are actually trying to get the puck?"

Rest of Panel: "Yes George, having the puck is a good thing in hockey."

Would anyone really be surprised if this actually happened?

yup .. I might not like him but I have to admit that the guy is smarter than the average bear , annnnd probably most people on here as well . he's watched hockey the same way we have . the only difference is he got the cushy gig

So is there any chance Kass gets suspended?

The only problem I have with what he did was the timing. The game was totally in control a that point so didn't need to give the Leafs something to rally around.

A better team might have made the Canucks pay. Hope he can control that in the playoffs.

yup .. I might not like him but I have to admit that the guy is smarter than the average bear , annnnd probably most people on here as well . he's watched hockey the same way we have . the only difference is he got the cushy gig

lol no he's not. His level of hockey knowledge is rudimentary at absolute best.

He is a good tv personality. He is a bad hockey tv personality though.

It's Strombolopustrumpelous' secret CDC account.

i never really watch cbc games anymore unless im at a pub so i cant hear them spew crap like today i was enjoying a pint oblivious to the garbage cbc puts up. george has no place talking about hockey he should host a show talking about his feelings and his lame skinny jeans flippin hipsters

i never really watch cbc games anymore unless im at a pub so i cant hear them spew crap like today i was enjoying a pint oblivious to the garbage cbc puts up. george has no place talking about hockey he should host a show talking about his feelings and his lame skinny jeans flippin hipsters

Always nice hearing Jim do play-by-play again.

Penalty minutes 36 to 8 in favor of the Leafs...

Honestly, when do you ever see that?

Canucks deserved most of the calls as they stopped skating and were lazy with their checks but the call on Weber to put the Leafs up 5 on 3 was absolutely brutal. One of the worst calls I have seen this year considering the Nucks were already a man short. Obvious game management.

Was coming home from work on the skytrain and overheard a guy in a leafs jersey talking to a canucks fan. I kid you not here's what I heard.

Canucks fan: You have my sympathy, that was a tough game.

Leafs fan: I'm used to it, been doing it my whole life.

Canucks fan: I know, but its still probably tough some nights.

Leafs fan: Yeah I lived in Toronto for the first half of my life so I became a leafs fan and then moved here about 19 years ago and could never change over to becoming a canucks fan. Sometimes I wish I could have but it just doesn't work like that.

Canucks fan: There was a time that I wanted that be a leafs fan too. When was it (closes eyes, tries to remember, 5 seconds pass) yeah sorry I just can't

Leafs fan: It's ok I understand the leafs haven't had success in a while..

Canucks fan: Your misunderstanding me there really was a time, I just have a bad memory. My apologies.

Kassian has to reign it in. Great to get involved but sometimes you just gotta swallow that crap. Eg. when you have a 3 goal lead.

I dont think it would have gone as far as it did if someone had not come in and suckered Kass again..look at the clip..as he and Phaneuf are sparing..someone comes flying in and nails Kass in the head and his helmet comes off and he kind of went off after that..couldnt see who it was but my guess was Lupul another first class feline..and if you cant show any agression when you are down and also when you are 3 goals up when can you..Im just glad to see the emotion..its been long forgotten on this team.

Archived