The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

What Was Your First Canucks Game?

thejazz97

I was around 12 I think. Went to a Red Wings @ Canucks game. 12th row. My little brother was a gigantic Federov fan, and he made a sign for him and we went down to the glass for the pre-game skate and had it up against the glass. Got smiles and nods from Yzerman, Lidstrom, Shanahan... Federov never even looked our way. Never seen a kid cry so much in my life.

Fantastic game though. Pretty sure we lost but it sure was cool seeing all those "celebrities" in the flesh. Great memory.

Federov was a great player, I dont blame your brother lol

For me, it was 2000 when I was 1 year old. My mom told me that I cried the whole time. First Canucks game that I watched on TV I think was some time in the 2006-2007 season when I was 7 years old. It was against Nashville. Canucks were 3rd in the standings and Nashville was 1st. Canucks won that game, but I forget the exact score.

First game I watched at GM Place was in a suite at the top. My Dad's work rented a suite for a year and I got to go to a game against the Oilers. The Canucks won the game 4-2. I think this was during the 2007-2008 season.

At the Pacific Colosseum, a couple-few years after expo, I was 10ish.

We played the Flames and lost 3-2 in OT. And if I remember correctly, that bastard Al McInnis scored the winner for the Lames, hated that guy, and Lanny's lip rug.

It was an amazing experience for me, life changing, mind altering. The noise and intense energy of the crowd made my entire body tingle, I was so excited.

I miss frosted malts. You know, writing this down just made me a little misty, there's damp on my eye.

Mine was January 11th, 2010 against Nashville.

I remember when Auger called Burrows for goaltender interference when Burrows hadn't even touched the crease, yet alone anyone.

Oh the refs....

Oct-16-2005.

Stars vs. canucks

Canucks were down 2-0, came back to win 5-2

Weird coincidence is that the second game I attended was against the Bruins on Dec-12-2005 and in that game the canucks were also down 2-0 and came back to win 5-2

Mine was January 11th, 2010 against Nashville.

I remember when Auger called Burrows for goaltender

interference when Burrows hadn't even touched the crease, yet alone anyone.

Oh the refs....

That was my first game as well. I remember the entire arena chanting ref you suck and bullsh*t. I also remember an angry Lou banging his stick off the crossbar when we lost.

Archived