The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nostalgia- What a Stanley Cup will mean to the province + fans

Orka

Let's start this thread off with a nostalgic teary-eyed trip through our greatest playoff moments:

The Goal

Towel Power

The Duck

Greg Adams, Greg Adams

The Dragon Slayer

(Shorthouse Call)

(Hughson Call)

One of the greatest Stanley Cup Finals games of all time (and one of the best goal celebrations)

Now before everyone gets upset with me for looking in the past and not the future, I'm using these videos as examples as to what this team means to each and every one of you individually. Maybe these videos make you frustrated or mad, maybe they make you tear up or make you happy but I know for a fact that you all feel some kind of emotion watching these videos if you've followed this team. I want to know what this organization means to you and what made you become a Canucks fan and what winning it all will mean to you. My dad has had season tickets since before I was born so being a die-hard Canucks fan is all I've ever known and I can't put into words what a cup will mean to me, after all the years of failing, being so close to winning it all. All I can say is that I'm going to cry like a baby when we win a Stanley Cup.

One thing I really like about this years team is that in previous years I've always had an expectation as to how far we go, whether it's the finals or second round, but this year I have no playoff expectations for this team and I love that I know this team is going to give it everything they've got and I know I'll enjoy the ride.

:canucks:

"And the Canucks are a win away, from their first. Stanley. Cup."

tumblr_lmvz2sToIT1qcog44o1_400.gif

Right in the feels man. Will always have Kes's back. People bashing him for leaving are idiots. He poured his heart out for us. He was broken down in the Finals and the biggest engine for us in the playoffs. Absolute force. He deserved his request to leave and I wish him the best. A Cup for him would be just awesome!

Seeing this team win the Cup would be the best thing to happen to me since, well, ever.

"And the Canucks are a win away, from their first. Stanley. Cup."

tumblr_lmvz2sToIT1qcog44o1_400.gif

Those words Hughson said after Game 5 still haven't left my head.

It would be great to win a cup, but some people seem to think it will be a monumental deal. It only lasts for a few months until the new season wipes it out. The journey is more important than the destination.

Lions in 2011. Seahawks in 2014. Mostly irrelevant now.

We still talk about 94. Had we had won do you think it would have just been forgotten?

Right in the feels man. Will always have Kes's back. People bashing him for leaving are idiots. He poured his heart out for us. He was broken down in the Finals and the biggest engine for us in the playoffs. Absolute force. He deserved his request to leave and I wish him the best. A Cup for him would be just awesome!

^^

This +1

It would be great to win a cup, but some people seem to think it will be a monumental deal. It only lasts for a few months until the new season wipes it out. The journey is more important than the destination.

Lions in 2011. Seahawks in 2014. Mostly irrelevant now.

It doesnt even last a few months. It lasts til about the draft, then you realize that a new season is starting and last year is over.

The memory of winning the Cup lasts forever, unfortunately the euphoria you experience when your captain finally hoists the Cup above his head dissipates quickly. Once the parade is over and the drafting/free agency starts, last season's achievements lose their impact.

Whenever I see old playoff highlights like that I get a sort of euphoria, but it's never complete. Despite knowing it's impossible though I always hope the final outcome will be different.

For me, the runs of '94 and '11 are like a great long movie filled with high action, drama, and suspense but both with very sad endings which in a way spoil what happened leading up to that point. Just like an epic movie, it's amazing until the end when the hero dies and your'e left feeling empty.

After emotionally investing 26 years into this team and witnessing two game 7 heartbreakers, seeing the Canucks win the Stanley Cup one day would probably be the second greatest moment of my life behind my son being born.

Archived