The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Canucks vs Kings | 04/06/15 | 7:00 PM PST | SNP

Orka

The NHL needs to use international refs from tournaments like WHC. They are the best refs I've seen and call the game consistently from start to finish.

But then they can't fix games. It's all about fixing games and making money for them. Fair enough though... Its a business.

The NHL needs to use international refs from tournaments like WHC. They are the best refs I've seen and call the game consistently from start to finish.

Nah, the NHL is too tough for the international refs. They'd kill them.

edit: Jokes aside, they aren't much different of the NHL refs.

My prior prediction was without the knowledge that Sutherland was "reffing".

New prediction: 3 minutes in Daniel takes a hooking penalty on a 3-2 rush for LA after Richards tripped Burrows on a non call. The kings score on the powerplay, Gaborik with a snipe from the left circle. 5 minutes later Canucks get a power play after Doughty throws the luck over the glass. Canucks score from agent ok tip in front but the goal is waived off because of phantom "Goalie Interference". Dorsett gets into a fight with Clifford and gets the extra two for instigating. After a solid PK, Vrbata comes put with the Sedins and Vancouver scores with 4 minutes left in the third with Vrbata going top shelf on Quick. The first period finishes at 1-1 tie.

2nd period starts off with an acrobatic save by Lack on Brown when Bieksa turns it over from behind the goal. Kings don't get a good scoring chance for the rest of the period while the Canuxks play their best period this season. They score twice once from Horvat on a nice feed from Sven and once from Mathias following a brutal turnover by Doughty. Canucks lead 3-1.

The 3rd is a bloody nightmare with Hamhuis penalized for a high stick on Kopitar that results on a double minor. Kings hold play for the first 3 minutes but can't solve Lack. With their second unit they score on the rush with a five whole shot by Williams. The next minutes are quiet till Burrows and the Sedins start cycling the luck in the Kings zone. They finally get a shot from the point to get through but Quick stops it and the rebound is free. Both Henrik and Burrows dive at the puck and it squeaks in. Canucks are celebrating but Sutherland is waving it off. Henrik isn't happy and gets a penalty for mouthing the ref. kings don't score on the PowerPlay, and Henrik is out of the box. He collects a stretch pass from Tanev and is alone on Quick with Doughty speeding infrin behind. Instead of Delong be goes right at Quick and stops at the side of te net and letting a sprawling Doughty crash into Quick. Hank then passes it into the open net walks past Sutherland, saids "F**k you" and walks onto the bench. To end the game Hansen scores an empty netter and Canucks win 4-2.

We should just forfeit any game that Sutherland referees. After a few the NHL will get the hint...

On cue the Bettman flies in one of his stooge refs Kelly Sutherland to make sure the "right" team wins.

Oh well, we've won a lot of games despite the leagues striped patsies. But after hearing it was Sutherland, I'd be happy with a point tonight. How much do you want to bet the first penalty in the first period will go to the Canucks. Kelly's MO is to call penalties early on the team that is not supposed to win, and continue to call them lopsided, while being blind to infractions by the favored team. Once the favored team gets enough a of a lead, and the momentum is so established, he'll call a few make ups in the third just so he can't be accused of what he's doing.

I fear we'll have to have a lot of puck luck and bounces on our side tonight as we'll have to defeat the Kings and their striped Fools.

I am from Saskatoon,.....unfortunately it's on SNP so it will be blacked out for us. Need to stream it else where or go to a bar in town.

You can watch it on now.sportsnet.com if you have one of their providers. I remember watching a Falmes game on SN west where there should've been regional restrictions.

Burrows and Kesler were chirping the Blues in our 2009 series against them. One of their wives (Backes?) is named Kelly, the ice level mic picked up Burrows saying "tell Kelly I say hi"

Thanks...know all about it -- was Kesler who was involved with Backes' wife Kelly before Backes married her and the trolling he and Burr did on Backes during the 2009 first round series sweep. My response to the dude who made the post "tell Kelly I say hi" was contextual.

Kenins likely back in?

I'm not sure if the ref conspiracy will play a part tonight. Prior evidence points towards both teams possibly being helped. Hopefully reffing isn't a factor.

Hope not. He was a jerk to me Saturday night. I'm on team Sven. Although my reasoning is extremely poor but it is what it is. Hope Sven comes) stays in and scores a big goal!

Archived