The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Baertschi sent down to the Comets..

ShakyWalton

Classy move by management, subtle but class all the way, bring him back when flames are done, or really need to call him up again.This is a reall blue chipper ready to play in the bigs we know this he demonstrated last night with only two shots on net .his speed is deceptive an he is creative an shifty player with ton of upside ,there would be no reason to insult the flames at this juncture .I am so happy we stole him for a second.

Good news for the franchise.

This likely indicates someone returning to the lineup.

Baertschi will still be available if needed.

He looked great last night, but keep in mind, he was (already) facing an AHL blueline. Edmonton's young defense got a thorough schooling last night. Don't expect Calgary's to be quite so porous.

It's the right move for both the Canucks, the Comets and Baertschi.

If we can't beat the Flames in the first two games then maybe we take a look at him but I doubt it.

If the Comets get bounced early, and we are on to round 2, then we call him back up with the other black aces.

You can't sit a vet in favour of a young new arrival at this point. If we are healthy enough then no one deserves to sit for him. No point in him being in the press box with Vey, McMillan and, maybe, Kenins.

Sedins-Burr

Higgins-Bonino-Vrbata

Dorsett-Horvat-Hansen

Matthias-Ritchie-Kass

I don't think we will see Kass any time soon (which means Kennins stays in the line-up)

I wont quote as its just a beer league teammate that knows Kass real well

But lets say "back issues are hard to deal with" and really do take alot longer than one ever thinks

And you will need to see him skating and full practice for at least a week before he is even a thought for the play-offs

But we still have a great line-up and with Bear It's better for everyone he on the Comets till needed with the big club

But he did prove to WD that if needed to be called upon he can have the confidence in #47 WHICH WAS A HUGE THING

The line-up as I see it for the 2015 Play-offs

Danny Hank Burr

Higgy Bones Bataboy

Kennins Bo Hansen

Matty Vey/Ritchie Dorsette

WD may switch around Dors and Kenny

But that's about the only change I see at all

I don't think we will see Kass any time soon (which means Kennins stays in the line-up)

I wont quote as its just a beer league teammate that knows Kass real well

But lets say "back issues are hard to deal with" and really do take alot longer than one ever thinks

And you will need to see him skating and full practice for at least a week before he is even a thought for the play-offs

But we still have a great line-up and with Bear It's better for everyone he on the Comets till needed with the big club

But he did prove to WD that if needed to be called upon he can have the confidence in #47 WHICH WAS A HUGE THING

The line-up as I see it for the 2015 Play-offs

Danny Hank Burr

Higgy Bones Bataboy

Kennins Bo Hansen

Matty Vey/Ritchie Dorsette

WD may switch around Dors and Kenny

But that's about the only change I see at all

I tend to agree with you..I dont think we will see Kassian for awhile if at all in the playoffs..he is the one that worries me..as you say..back issues are nothing to triffle with.

Someones ready to start. Mcmill will be the extra forward. Must be Matthias. I assume he has been skating. Hard to start Richardson, or Kassian. Richy just started skating and as far as I know Kassian still hasn't.

I don't think any of them are vital to beating the Flames. Matthias could be more useful if he ramps up his physical play and focuses more on the defensive side of the game, but in the role he typically plays it isn't that big a deal not to have him in and definitely not a big deal to have him playing sore. Richardson and Kassian are good cards to keep in your hand for a well timed return to give the team a boost. Whether it is just mentally or to shore up an aspect of the game the team seems to be getting out done in. Richardson most likely for faceoffs and Kassian for size.

Archived