The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Ottawa Senators fan harassed at Habs game

Habs fan throwing beer is extremely common, I hear stories about it alllllll the time from people I know that has gone to their games. Look for that Lucic video or gif from last year's playoff, one guy got railed by hailing beer and he was wearing a Habs jersey. lol

LOL at people saying typical habs fans and calling them arrogant.

It happens everywhere. I went to game 1 of the 2011 SCF and witnessed 2 canucks fans throw a bruins fan to the ground outside the arena and start chucking fists at the guys head when he was dowm

Its pathetic. But it happens everywhere.

Those were bouncers from a bar, the Boston fan was trash talking people and the bouncers jumped on him.

Guys, when you have 20,000 people in a stadium, do you really think all of them are going to behave to the standards most of us expect?

This guy is not 'typical of Habs fans', this guy exists everywhere.

This exactly. Saying 'typical Habs fans' is just stereotyping at it's finest. I'm friends with a Habs fan and she's one of the nicest people I know so no not all Montreal fans are like this.

This exactly. Saying 'typical Habs fans' is just stereotyping at it's finest. I'm friends with a Habs fan and she's one of the nicest people I know so no not all Montreal fans are like this.

...Just most of them. Habs fans are terrible for the most part. Still not as bad as all those Boston fans with their racist tweets/facebook or whatever it was against Subban though.

Of course, a lot of Canucks fans aren't much better :picard:

This happens pretty much everywhere in sport. One of the reasons I will never again attend a Canucks game in person is that every time I have gone to one I have been at least threatened with physical violence; once while wearing the visitors jersey (a totally non rival team at that), once while wearing a totally unrelated jersey (a Russian one lol) and once while wearing no jersey at all (my crime was to applaud a visitors goal which was a beauty). On none of these occasions were staff any help at all despite one actually witnessing somebody screaming in my face and poking me in the chest HARD. Protestations to Canucks head office went unanswered. It should be noted that hockey is nothing compared to football (soccer) in Europe where, foe example, wearing an Ajax jersey in Feyenoord territory is a guarantee of being swarmed and beaten up in the streets. Nowadays if you aren't rooting for the home team you either stay at home or keep quiet if you know what's good for you

This is current news. So there was enough discussion about that stuff ^ in real time I'm sure.

So you find this acceptable because ________?

All idiots should be called out, not given free passes because, well, "they did it too".

If the assault was as bad as described, I am shocked that security didn't remove these idiots...

Mind you, it doesn't excuse poor fan behaviour. I am sure if PK Subban played for Boston, someone in the stands at Montreal would have thrown a banana at him by now.

I've been lucky and have sat with classy fans before, but something like that genuinely worries me about going to a game. Sadly there's always gonna be an asshat anywhere you go, it's life. I know I've been harrassed by Flames fans badly before. Some asshole threw my Canucks hat up a tree once and kicked me later. This was the day after the Canucks trounced Calgary a couple years ago. Can't remember which game, but it was a blowout.

Bruins fans peeing on Canuck supporters in the washroom of the TD Gardens. They wait until you're doing your thing at a urinal, when there's little you can do about it.

Got so bad Gardens security had to be posted inside the washrooms.

Bruins, lowest of lows of the NHL.

Archived