The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Ken Hitchcock to be relieved of HC duties this week

@thekapman:

Hearing the @NHLBLUES will fire Ken Hitchcock this week. Former San Jose coach Todd McLellan will be high on their short list.

@adater:

If Blues lose today, Ken Hitchcock's playoff record in last 37 games would be 12-25, one playoff round win since 2003-04

Time for both sides to part ways. Ken hasn't done squat with his great teams in the playoffs. When I think Blues I think chokers for this reason. Good coach but not in the postseason.

Oh man. Easier to fire the coach instead of actually addressing the heart of the problem. So many good coaches being relieved...

Agree with the latter but not the rest. He has arguably one of the deepest offenses and defenses in the league and a solid goaltending duo. Nothing more he could've asked for.

Yah McLellan will totally lead you to the Cup like he did in SJ.

As a fresh voice in the room..yes..I think McClellan could lead the Blues to the SC...same thing could have been said about AV,who lead the Rangers to the final last year,and probably again this year.

Agree with the latter but not the rest. He has arguably one of the deepest offenses and defenses in the league and a solid goaltending duo. Nothing more he could've asked for.

Agree with the first two but not the last. Their goaltending is not good enough.

Oh man. Easier to fire the coach instead of actually addressing the heart of the problem. So many good coaches being relieved...

So very true...

Feel the worst for Ted Nolan but Hitch is a beauty.

Edmonton should do all they can to get ahold of him.

@thekapman:

Hearing the @NHLBLUES will fire Ken Hitchcock this week. Former San Jose coach Todd McLellan will be high on their short list.

@adater:

If Blues lose today, Ken Hitchcock's playoff record in last 37 games would be 12-25, one playoff round win since 2003-04

Time for both sides to part ways. Ken hasn't done squat with his great teams in the playoffs. When I think Blues I think chokers for this reason. Good coach but not in the postseason.

defense is bad and so is goal tending.

Archived