The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Russian Star Artemi Panarin signs with Blackhawks

Zfetch

Hopefully he lives up to the hype. Damien Brunner had similar hype in the lockout season...

Brunner's problem was that he left Detroit after one season. Had he stayed there, I'm sure he would have succeeded.

I don't follow the KHL at all but he has posted decent figures there; I'd be concerned about a player of his stature playing in the western conference but I'm sure the Hawks can protect him until he adjusts. Any word on cap hit?

I don't follow the KHL at all but he has posted decent figures there; I'd be concerned about a player of his stature playing in the western conference but I'm sure the Hawks can protect him until he adjusts. Any word on cap hit?

No report on the contract details yet. But I don't think Chicago can officially sign him till after the playoffs. Can somebody confirm this?

so why are we not getting these guys?

RUSSIANS who must play in the NHL and be given certain minutes. We don't exactly have the type of team where we can guareentee 2nd line minutes and 1 pp time and have to no harm our team regardless of how that guy preforms. Plus Playing with Toews and Kane in there prime is a good sell point

RUSSIANS who must play in the NHL and be given certain minutes. We don't exactly have the type of team where we can guareentee 2nd line minutes and 1 pp time and have to no harm our team regardless of how that guy preforms. Plus Playing with Toews and Kane in there prime is a good sell point

Panarin-Toews-Kane

Saad-Richards-Hossa

Damn.

No report on the contract details yet. But I don't think Chicago can officially sign him till after the playoffs. Can somebody confirm this?

They can sign him to a contract for next year at any point so long as there's no conflict with a current KHL contract. If he's a free agent starting in the summer, it'd be just like us signing Hutton or Sautner this year to deals that start next season.

Where was Benning? Instead, he signs Jospeh Labate( a career 4th liner) Blackhawks are a dynasty, they will never suck. They signed a guy a who will be a top 6.

Labate was a PTO and doesn't have a contract. If you're going to troll get your facts right :picard:

Did it ever occur to some people that perhaps Panarin didn't want to sign in Vancouver? Not everyone is interested in becoming a Canuck. Doesn't mean management didn't attempt to get him.

Then again, it's Desiboy. Should expect nothing different from him.

Archived