The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[ Speculation of Possibilities] Canucks potential trade destination for Evgeni Malkin

This. Malkin is a dream and a team like St. Louis would destroy anything we'd have to offer, unless it was Edler+Virtanen+Horvat+1st which I seriously hope Benning wouldn't even consider.

blah - Malkin - Kassian

Sedin - Sedin - blah

would be a sick top 6...

sedins and tanev vrbata for malkin amd pouliot vancouver retains 2.5 mill of vrbata and 2mill for each sedin pens would have to unload a few player via other trades but id do that in a heart beat

hamhuis bonino jensen for couturier 2nd

higgins for a third

miller for a 2nd

baerchi malkin kassian

shinkaruk couturier burrows

virtanen horvat hansen

kenins fiddler dorsett

edler corrado

pouliot bieska

sbisa clendenning

stanton

lack

oconnor

team would be so good

But, why? We lose 140 points and gain what 70, or whatever he had last season? They are by far our best possesion players. They are huge members of our community.

But I guess the OP asked about picking up Malkin. As much as I'd love it, his cap hit is pretty high. Not sure how much it is exactly but too much to squeeze in our cap as is. Move Bieksa, Bonino and Burrows for him? Lol. I have no idea how this could ever happen.

CDC just got trolled... I'd give up 1 Sedin + prospect/pick for Malkin... but come, 2 Sedins straight up?

Age makes a massive difference in value. Malkin is ridiculously good and still just 28.

Why would Pittsburgh trade Malkin? I mean he had a bad playoffs but he was also injured.

They need depth. Plain and simple. They're not trading Crosby, so the guy with the next highest value is Malkin. Hockey isn't a 1 or 2 man team, you need to surround a guy like Crosby with the right supporting cast and they haven't had that since they won.

Man do people under appreciate the twins around here..

Ya, I was just thinking that. Under valuing them too.

If we wanted to trade the twins, we could get a lot more than pouty Malkin for them.

sedins and tanev vrbata for malkin amd pouliot vancouver retains 2.5 mill of vrbata and 2mill for each sedin pens would have to unload a few player via other trades but id do that in a heart beat

higgins for a third

miller for a 2nd

baerchi malkin kassian

virtanen horvat hansen

kenins fiddler dorsett

edler corrado

pouliot bieska

sbisa clendenning

stanton

lack

oconnor

team would be so good

Don't understand why you're so hard for Couturier.

@nux4lyfe

Yeah people do under-appreciate the Sedins right?

Good to hold onto them right?

Two 34 year old players that are passed their prime and only slowing down. Wow.

Dumb idea to even think of trading them for Malkin, a 28 year-old in his prime averaging more than a point per game career-wise and probably will be in the HOF in the future.

Everyone is saying Malkin had a DOWN YEAR with 70 points in 69 games. That's still around a point per game. The Sedins had a GOOD year and averaged less than a point per game.

higgins for a third

miller for a 2nd

baerchi malkin kassian

virtanen horvat hansen

kenins fiddler dorsett

edler corrado

pouliot bieska

sbisa clendenning

stanton

lack

oconnor

team would be so good

Take Bieksa off it and we got something

@N7Nucks

So with your logic, you wouldn't trade the Sedins for Crosby either? I mean 140 points vs 86 right?... Two aging 34 years olds for the 27year old best player in the world in his prime is a no no?

I know that for the Canucks to get Malkin would be a pipe dream but if the offer was made, I'd make it in a heartbeat.

If Malkin isn't in Pittsburgh, he's a number one center in any top contending team.

Not to mention, he's 7 years younger than the Sedins. He's dynamic, fast, and has great hockey IQ and by far superior than either Sedin. He, like Crosby, makes any player around him better while the Sedins utilize eachother through set plays and set plays are all they have.

Nashville's struggling owners did not fork out 20+ millions dollars in signing Weber to trade him.

Thats a sunk cost now. They cant let that effect their decision making or thats terrible business. If its better for the team than they should do the deal.

D.Sedin

H.Sedin

Hamhuis

for

Malkin

Pouliot

1st 2015

With Hoff and Martin becoming UFA's, plus losing Despres and Bortuzzo they really need to bolster up the blue line.

D.Sedin gives Crosby a bonafide top winger, plus imagine Sedin-Sedin-Crosby on the PP.

We get a top line center just entering his prime and fits the "rebuild on the fly" approach JB has established.

Wow. Sportsnet is becoming more and more of a joke. What kind of drivel is this 'article'.

Looks like another pos written by Spector but it must not be- it's about 3,000 useless words short.

Guys pump the brakes, just imagine a PP of:

Sedin-Sedin-Malkin

OMG, that would wreck every single team we play!

Van: Higgins, Jensen, Bonino, Bieksa, Cederholm, and 2 picks

Pitt: Malkin

DO IT GMJB!! That deal will work! Guaranteed!!

That deal wouldnt work at all. Why would Pitt give up a top 10 if not top 5 player in the world for 2 third liners, 2 not so good prospects and an expensive, aging, bottom pairing defensemen? People wont take our spare parts for top players. It makes no sense, cmon.

Archived