The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[ Speculation of Possibilities] Canucks potential trade destination for Evgeni Malkin

I think we should all be a bit more realistic, if the Canucks were able to get a player like Malkin, there are no untouchables in the entire organization.

The Canucks won't be trading for Malkin either way because other teams could afford to offer better packages.

Malkin will stay with the Pens, almost 100% certain.

I could see Nashville trading Weber for him....

I'd rather have the Canucks go for Shea Weber myself.

The difference between Malkin to Bonino / Horvat is drastically less than Weber to any of our current D.

I might argue that the difference between Malkin and Bonino is significantly larger than the difference between Edler and Weber. Top five player in the world vs. average third liner (call him the 50th best centre in the league and I am being really really generous, maybe a top 150-200 player). One of the best D-men vs a very good D-man (definitely in the top 30 of D men).

I might argue that the difference between Malkin and Bonino is significantly larger than the difference between Edler and Weber. Top five player in the world vs. average third liner (call him the 50th best centre in the league and I am being really really generous, maybe a top 150-200 player). One of the best D-men vs a very good D-man (definitely in the top 30 of D men).

Might you argue or are you going to argue? Either way you're wrong. Edler proved in the playoffs that he's no dominant defenseman. He's very good but can't physically overpower players like Weber can and Weber's shot is a far more frightening weapon. Ferland would have got one hit on Weber before being levelled into next year.

I'd rather have the Canucks go for Shea Weber myself.

The difference between Malkin to Bonino / Horvat is drastically less than Weber to any of our current D.

Are you serious? Malkin is a franchise C. While Weber is better than any of our D, Malkin is far far superior to Bonino.

I think we should all be a bit more realistic, if the Canucks were able to get a player like Malkin, there are no untouchables in the entire organization.

The Canucks won't be trading for Malkin either way because other teams could afford to offer better packages.

Malkin will stay with the Pens, almost 100% certain.

Agreed, people here way overvalue our players. Malkin won't be traded anyways, I'd like to see him in Washington though

Are you serious? Malkin is a franchise C. While Weber is better than any of our D, Malkin is far far superior to Bonino.

As of 2015, Weber the 3rd overall defenseman in the league behind Subban and Karlsson.

I am sure Rutherford will be quick to jump on a package of Burrows Vrbata Bieksa/Hamhuis and picks over Hall, Draisatl, Nugent Hopkins, Yakupov etc

Because there are 3 or 4 other teams right now that would bury themselves for Malkin. And with those knees...they are welcome to it. Rather maintain our status quo fading in to the sunset with this core than sell the future for Malkin

I actually think that with Hamhuis we could offer a better package

Hamhuis

Vrabata

Shinkarurk

Bonino

20161st

Markstrom

Pitts doesn't want to rebuild, they also want to win now but not suck in the future. Here they get help at all positions

Some guy saw that I had a brand new 10 dollar bill it was shiny and hardly used, he offered to give me a 20 dollar bill in trade for it, the 20 is in almost as good of condition, a few years older but worth twice as much.

I took his 20 and laughed all the way to the bank.

Malkin is the second to a franchise C. Crosby is a franchise C. Shea Weber is the prototypical NHL defenseman. 6'4" 230 lbs. 108 mph slapshot. Excellent puck moving power play quarterback and brutalizing stay at home defenseman.

Proud Canadian and two time gold Olympian.

Weber > Malkin. Any day of the &^@#ing week.

Some guy saw that I had a brand new 10 dollar bill it was shiny and hardly used, he offered to give me a 20 dollar bill in trade for it, the 20 is in almost as good of condition, a few years older but worth twice as much.

I took his 20 and laughed all the way to the bank.

Just another day in Whalley.

Archived