The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Ray Shero. NJ's GM

I think his reputation exceeds him - imo Shero is over-rated.

I don't know...I'm impressed with how he continually was able to acquire deadline-deal players to supplement the roster, and yet still end up with a pretty decent stable of young players/prospects (Maata, Bennett, Pouliot, Harrington, etc...).

And the Jordan Staal deal, considering the circumstances, was grand larceny. Although, to be fair, that probably had to do more with the ineptitude of the current Penguins GM than the masterful skills of the former one.

I don't know...I'm impressed with how he continually was able to acquire deadline-deal players to supplement the roster, and yet still end up with a pretty decent stable of young players/prospects (Maata, Bennett, Pouliot, Harrington, etc...).

And the Jordan Staal deal, considering the circumstances, was grand larceny. Although, to be fair, that probably had to do more with the ineptitude of the current Penguins GM than the masterful skills of the former one.

I thought he repeatedly over-paid with those deadline deals - and most of them were to supplement his forward group - when their problems were always a porous back end - with the odd exception being a gross overpayment (as most of his rentals were) for a guy like Douglas Murray. He made some decent deals (Staal deal to Carolina) but overall I think he deserved to lose his job - I certainly had no confidence in his team-building abilities (not that I cared, because I don't care for that team).

Bylsma to NJ?

Good move. Have been surprised that nobody moved on Shero sooner. I honestly thought that both would end up in the centre of the universe.

Bylsma to NJ now makes sense and probably a good fit for that team.

Very interesting move, will he interesting to see them do a rebuild. I've always liked the Devils franchise for some reason, always loved Brodeur. Hopefully Shero moves some of the dead weight forwards they have to help turn things around. They have a few decent D prospects but overall one of the worst prospects pools in the league so it will take a lot to turn things around.

Archived