The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

TSN's Off Season Game Plan, Vancouver Canucks

Warhippy

Hate to say it, but love to see a lot of the vets going and give the kids a ton of ice time. Keep Twins to lead the way and Vrbata to score. But Bieska, Hammy, Burr, Higgins, Hansen, and Miller should all be trade bait. I'd even toss Edler into that list to see what we could get as return. Then fill the line up with youngsters and see who sticks.

Make it competitive. You don't play well Bonino? Uh Oh McCann took your spot and you have to play with Dorsett! Work harder!!

Also Trade Kassian like yesterday. Resign Vey, Stanton, Kenins and Matthias. Let Weber, Richardson and McMillan run away.

And Sbisa? Pray pray pray that the contract works cause god damn!

Just a heads up.

A lot of Norris candidates were drafted 2nd or later. In the last decade ish lets name them

Chara, Lidstrom, Keith, Weber, Subban. On to solid young players with top 2 potential, I believe Severson, Bowey, McKeown, and a few others just off of the top of my head (could be wrong about draft places) were also 2nd round or later.

So...in these supposed "deepest draft since 2003" (of which this is the 3rd we've heard that from, the last 2 years ago) it NEVER hurts taking a run on D men in the 2nd round.

Hamhuis isn't going anywhere.

If we lose Clendenning we really only lost a 5th round pick.

I don't like this justification. If Detroit trades Datsyuk do they only lose a 5th round pick? Or Nashville loses Shea Weber they only lose a 2nd rounder? We didn't trade a 5th round pick for Clendenning; we traded Forsling. A pick is just a pick until it has a name attached to it. Forsling was at a high and just had a very impressive world juniors. His value was higher than a 5th round pick.

I'm not sure how forsling's season has been this year.

There's nothing new here.

True enough. although I am a bit interested in what Denis Guryanov generate for interest from the Canuck fan base as a draft pick.

Sounds like a bit of a high risk/high reward pick.

Because Vrbata only has one more year on his contract and just passed 34. It is likely he will tread water at his production level for another year if playing with the Sedins but will likely decline.

Therefore, you obviously trade him while his value is worth more to the Canucks than he brings to the team. With that in mind, I would expect to see him unloaded at the trade deadline for a 2nd + prospect or a late first.

I am so glad you are not part of Canucks Management

If Vrbata can pot 30 goals next year, why wouldn't he be extended? 30 goal guys don't grow on trees. Who cares how old he is?

Because we are going to have a abundant of young players pushing for spots and we won't be contenders so there is no point in paying a guy 6 million when we are going to try and develop or young players in the NHL

If Vrbata can pot 30 goals next year, why wouldn't he be extended? 30 goal guys don't grow on trees. Who cares how old he is?

Because when you are doing a tank job what is bad is good and what is good is bad...I think. So a 30 goal scorer will only keep us out of the basement, that is bad. Let's replace him with a rookie that is not ready for regular NHL minutes and get 1/3 of the goals. You'll thank me when we pick 2 spots higher in the draft.

Because when you are doing a tank job what is bad is good and what is good is bad...I think. So a 30 goal scorer will only keep us out of the basement, that is bad. Let's replace him with a rookie that is not ready for regular NHL minutes and get 1/3 of the goals. You'll thank me when we pick 2 spots higher in the draft.

Sabres-fans-cheer-loss-vs.-Coyotes.jpg

The Sedins are among the best scorers in the league.

Hudler had more points than Henrik and as many as Daniel in less games, does that mean he's among the best too?

Lots of guys had relatively average years compared to previous years. It was a low scoring year all around, the Art Ross was won with 84 points. That's the only reason the Sedins were inside the top 20

Hudler had more points than Henrik and as many as Daniel in less games, does that mean he's among the best too?

Lots of guys had relatively average years compared to previous years. It was a low scoring year all around, the Art Ross was won with 84 points. That's the only reason the Sedins were inside the top 20

Not sure if serious...so the reason the Sedins had a good year is because the rest of the league had a bad year?

"inside the top 20"

Daniel tied for 8th

Henrik tied for 10th

Not sure if serious...so the reason the Sedins had a good year is because the rest of the league had a bad year?

"inside the top 20"

Daniel tied for 8th

Henrik tied for 10th

yes, do you really think they'd have been 8th and 10th with 76 and 73 points most years? not a chance

those point totals would barely make it into the top 20 most years, if at all

yes, do you really think they'd have been 8th and 10th with 76 and 73 points most years? not a chance

Those point totals were also achieved with less minutes played and no offensive zone start inflation of 60-80% as past coaches have historically done with them. Considering the fact it was significantly more difficult for star players to even hit a PPG and their age it's actually quite spectacular that they did what they did. If Daniel could shoot at his traditional shooting percentage pre-concussion, he would have had 28 goals, which would have tied him with Crosby.Too bad this was all for just a 1 round punch-out against the weakest playoff team.

Other great players couldn't beat out two 35 year olds in the West?

Does that show that it was a fluke season for the Sedins? Or maybe, the Sedins are still consistent and are one of the best scorers in the league?

I guess Sedins top ten points were due to the rest of the league having bad years.

Wait, how come you give excuses for other players that it was a low scoring season, but not to the Sedins as well?

In a year where points were hard to come by, the Sedins score enough of them to rank in the top ten.

Why not accept that fact, give credit where credit is due, and move on?

Look at the bright side, if this was the lockout year the Sedin's would have been 1st and second in league scoring. :bigblush:

Your line of thinking here doesn't make any sense - at all.

You are holding the Sedins to a higher standard then the entire league.

Archived