The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Waivers] Matt Cooke

Note that only two of those happened in within the last 4 years and there was some debate about whether the Karlsson skate was intentional. Look at his numbers since 2011.

Cooke%20PIM.png

Look at the substantial drop in PIM. You can't see that and tell me that he hasn't changed at all. That combined with only 2 controversial collisions in the past 4 years tells me something has changed in him.

That does tell me something, and that is that he hasn't changed. The guy has not changed, he may take fewer minor penalties, but he still has no regard for peoples well being, he deserved a swift boot from this league years ago, and still does today.

Imagine if we still had Lapierre.

Cooke - Lapierre - Burrows

Most "hated" line in the NHL?

I know a lot of fans are glad that the Canucks cleaned up there image, but I actually enjoyed the days where the Canucks were the most hated team in the league. Not just because they were so good, but there's just a certain satisfaction to rooting for a team that everyone else wants to fail.

With richy almost gone, the cooker is the perfect replacement. 2 years 2 million?

MATT COOKE CASHING IN with 5.7 seconds to go...

JB won't do it though. Maybe Trevor has a connection? The cooker is the ultimate playoff warrior - he's exactly what we need. Will be instrumental to a canucks cup in 2016

Linden and Cooke were the hottest playoff line in Linden's return to the Canucks in 2002, and now Linden is president. Despite Cooke being a "rat" he's been a solid playoff perfomer most of his career, even with the Canucks, when Linden was playing with him.

Wouldn't surprise me that much if he got a PTO with the Canucks. I really doubt Benning would sign him though, unless Cooke was willing to take the most minor role.

Even though he was underwhelming last year, he was still on pace for 20-30 points, not bad for a 4th liner/13th forward.

Please make the call Trevor. Please.

Just the jersey sales alone will cover his salary.

Let's say he makes 1,000,000. Sell jerseys at 250 a pop - 4000 jerseys and it's paid for. Not to mention all the die hard cookers coming to more games because Matt Cooke is a LEGEND!

No thanks. Despite him changing his playing style and trying to finish his checks clean, we don't need him to take up a spot from one of our rookies making the team.

If he really wanted to join the Canucks, the most I would take him for is league minimum and he'd have to start in the AHL.

Please make the call Trevor. Please.

Just the jersey sales alone will cover his salary.

Let's say he makes 1,000,000. Sell jerseys at 250 a pop - 4000 jerseys and it's paid for. Not to mention all the die hard cookers coming to more games because Matt Cooke is a LEGEND!

I dont think coming up with money is the issue lol. Plus clearly you don't understand mark-ups.

Plus is Cooke ever became a canuck, I would pay for tickets to Rogers arena just to boo him. Hope no one signs this guy.

Per Ryan Rishaug, Wild place Matt Cooke on waivers, likely a buyout if he clears.

ryan_rishaug-649x100_normal.jpg

twitter_bird.png
Matt Cooke on waivers

You don't want Matt Cooke on any of your teams. I'm sure Benning in particular remembers the cheep shot hit on Savard, ending his career.

Cooke took stupid penalties when he was here and involved more in the Bertuzzi incident than people realize. This guy should be out of the league. One of the cheapest dirtiest players there are.

Archived