The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Trevor Linden Tsn 1040 (June 25)

Gstank29

http://www.tsn.ca/radio/vancouver-1040-i-1410/linden-we-ll-do-whatever-it-takes-to-make-our-team-better-1.317696

Sureing up some final draft lists/things

Talking about how Utica will look next year, who to sign, who to let go

Talking to some UFA's doesn't really except to sign anybody

Says the Canucks need to continue to get younger, faster, create more depth

Haven't approached any players on waive NTC

Said main motivator to a guy waiving a NTC is security

Said that sometime before a trade is completed teams talk to a player about his contract exceptation

Team wants to acquire draft picks, working on it

Priority to acquire a second

Said it could be 2 2nds or a 2nd and a 3rd

Team likes a lot of players in the second round, Mentioned MOVING DOWN : :D

Hutton, Cederholm, Subban AND SAUNTER are going to Utica

Chabots, Kylingtons, Zborils, Carlos are the group they believe will be available

No chance on getting Provorov, Wereski, Hanifin, haven't talked about them a lot

Lots of unknown on the goalie markets, Benning wants to make the team better in the future and now

Said Benning idenified the need to scout the WHL because it's been negited for years

Moving down the draft! They must really like players in to 30-50 range!

Especially in the 30's there's a LOT of guys basically of the same quality as anyone we'll be picking at 23. If you can get a 30-something pick and say a 40/50-something pick for your 23...it's not a bad idea.

Moving down the draft! They must really like players in to 30-50 range!

Maybe they've determined that the group of players that might be available at the 23rd pick aren't much better than their projected 2nd rounders.

In which case moving down in order to obtain a second rounder would make sense.

Maybe they've determined that the group of players that might be available at the 23rd pick aren't much better than their projected 2nd rounders.

In which case moving down in order to obtain a second rounder would make sense.

One thing I noticed is that the mock drafts are all over the place from about #15 on. Merkely, Juulsen, Kylington, Harkins, Chabot, Carlo, White and lots of other guys who have been mentioned in connection with the Canucks are in the high teens on some lists and drop to the second round on others.

I think this means that the quality gradient is pretty flat from about 15 on. In those circumstances it certainly makes sense to move down. Trading #23 for a couple of picks in the 30 to 50 range would probably be reasonable.

And Benning wants to play a numbers game. He wants lots of good prospects rather than going "all in" on a smaller number.

One thing I noticed is that the mock drafts are all over the place from about #15 on. Merkely, Juulsen, Kylington, Harkins, Chabot, Carlo, White and lots of other guys who have been mentioned in connection with the Canucks are in the high teens are some lists and drop to the second round on others.

I think this means that the quality gradient is pretty flat from about 15 on. In those circumstances it certainly makes sense to move down. Trading #23 for a couple of picks in the 30 to 50 range would probably be reasonable.

And Benning wants to play a numbers game. He wants lots of good prospects rather than going "all in" on a smaller number.

I'd trade 23 for 34 and 38 from CLB

Archived