The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] VAN Kevin Bieksa to ANA

I agree with the thoughts of Elliott Freedman. THe Canucks have talked to the Bieksa camp, but have not officially asked him to waive anything. Theyre treading carefully out of respect for the player. I could see this as a possibillity as Bieksa would then go home to discuss with his family. Should we stay and try to sign a cheap contract next season with Van, or just admit that the end is in sight and get a better deal elsewhere.

BXA is a smart cookie. Im sure that he'll give the go ahead so long that all the cards make sense for him to move his family and career.

San Jose eh? Dont know how I feel about him playing in the same division.

From what? Reopening our window that's been soldered shut?

I'm sure you wanted Willie Mitchell back after he left the Canucks.

People are going to realize that Bieksa is a valuable defenceman after he is gone, the same reason so many teams are after his services at the moment.

I think people don't understand there's a possibility of BXA signing a 1-2 year deal and then coming back to Vancouver for a season or two to retire.

That seems incredibly logical when you seriously consider what kind of leader he really is. Allowing him to come home in 2 or 3 seasons and retire would be very classy and allow for him to try winning a cup elsewhere while we figure our crap out on the roster.

im not sure trading bieska will haunt us we need a hockey trade for him so some nhl ready prospect and a decent pick would help our cap space plus build for future

I'm not saying the trade itself, but Bieksa as a player. The price would no doubt be higher if we were to trade him to one of our rivals.

He could also nose dive after being traded, nobody knows. That is the fun in speculating beforehand.

Archived